VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wanting To Apply For Permanent And Total

Rate this question

atlaturne

Question

I was granted TDIU @ two years ago.I want to put in for 100% permanent and total.My condition has worsened,and after repeated back injections,surgery is only option.In severve pain (back and knees) which is not controlled by pain meds.Often bedridden from back pain,which gets worse when I am on my feet(from severe to intolerable)for even short periods of time.I have records from Doctors,surgeons for treatment I have received After the TDIU rating.My internist will state my condition will not improve.also have cardiac issues,etc.-not service related.Any pointers or advise for those who have gone from TDIU to 100% permananent and total?Thanks

Edited by atlaturne

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was granted TDIU @ two years ago.I want to put in for 100% permanent and total.My condition has worsened,and after repeated back injections,surgery is only option.In severve pain (back and knees) which is not controlled by pain meds.Often bedridden from back pain,which gets worse when I am on my feet(from severe to intolerable)for even short periods of time.I have records from Doctors,surgeons for treatment I have received After the TDIU rating.My internist will state my condition will not improve.also have cardiac issues,etc.-not service related.Any pointers or advise for those who have gone from TDIU to 100% permananent and total?Thanks

You can be 100% TDIU P & T and have the same benefits. Depending on your ratings it is very hard to get to 100% schedular P & T form being 100% TDIU. I think you just want to get the P & T status, If you have a doctor to write a statement on your behalf, the statement must say that you service connected disabilities will most likely not improve or get better. For a veteran to get 100% schedular his/her service connected disabilities would have to add up to about 230% but VA combines their ratings and pays them the 100% rate

You can be 100% TDIU P & T and have the same benefits. Depending on your ratings it is very hard to get to 100% schedular P & T form being 100% TDIU. I think you just want to get the P & T status, If you have a doctor to write a statement on your behalf, the statement must say that you service connected disabilities will most likely not improve or get better. For a veteran to get 100% schedular his/her service connected disabilities would have to add up to about 230% but VA combines their ratings and pays them the 100% rate

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe the VA won't raise you from TDIU to 100%. I seem to recall reading that since the pay rate is the same, either the BVA or the CAVC ruled that it's a moot issue. Unfortunately, I don't recall the case where I read that. As for P&T you can just write them a request, in letter form or use the "Statement in Support of Claim form," not sure of the number, it on that. Any evidence you have should be submitted w/it. Remember being 55yo or older or having a static condition(no improvement in five yrs) are two elements used deciding whether you're P&T.

pr

The TDIU rating I got says permanent in nature,no future exams scheduled,Dependent's assistance under 38 USC.This may very well be as good as it gets.Do I seek any change from this/or leave well enough alone.Thanks for input from all of you(dang this stuff is confusing)

• HadIt.com Elder

The TDIU rating I got says permanent in nature,no future exams scheduled,Dependent's assistance under 38 USC.This may very well be as good as it gets.Do I seek any change from this/or leave well enough alone.Thanks for input from all of you(dang this stuff is confusing)

You've received "The Golden Ring", "The Holy Grail". It don't git no bedder than that. Go Fishing or indulge yerself in Retail Therapy.

I understand that you are 100% TDIU P & T, If you have a heart condition that is not service connected in any way, you may want to think about filing a claim.

What are your service connected disabilities and their ratings? This is just my opinion and I could be way off. I am quite sure others will chime in. I will go further and say that if you have any "life threatening conditions" you may want to think about filing a claim for them.