Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Va To Test Paperless Claims Processing At Providence Regional Office

pacmanx1
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

VA TO TEST PAPERLESS CLAIMS PROCESSING AT PROVIDENCE REGIONAL OFFICE VA Secretary Shinseki has set a goal that by 2015 VA will process all claims within 125 days with 98% accuracy.

NOTE from Larry Scott, VA Watchdog dot Org ... I especially like this line from the VA press release below:

Secretary Shinseki has set a goal that by 2015 VA will process all claims within 125 days with 98 percent accuracy.

It's nice to know that the Secretary has a sense of humor.

Use our search engine for more about the VA's claims backlog ... here ...

http://www.yourvaben...=backlog&op=and

-------------------------

VA PRESS RELEASE

VA Announces Test of Paperless Claims Processing System

Initiative Will Improve Process and Speed Payments to Veterans

WASHINGTON –The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has selected its regional benefits office in Providence, R.I., to test a paperless system and new procedures to improve processing of Veterans' claims for disability compensation.

"This test program marks a major milestone in VA's move to paperless processing," said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki. "It supports VA's transformation of the claims process to ensure speedy delivery of benefits to Veterans, their families and their survivors."

The pilot, which initially focuses on compensation benefits, is expected to start at the Providence facility in November, with completion in May 2011. Additional pilots are expected before the new claims system is deployed to all 57 VA regional benefits offices.

The Providence pilot is part of the Veterans Benefits Management System, one of more than three dozen initiatives in progress at VA to "break the back of the backlog." This first VBMS pilot comes after completion of the Virtual Regional Office project collocated at the Baltimore Regional Office in May 2010. VA brought claims processors from around the country to Baltimore this past spring to assist in the rapid prototyping of a demonstration system.

Secretary Shinseki has set a goal that by 2015 VA will process all claims within 125 days with 98 percent accuracy.

VA will provide compensation, pension, education, loan guaranty, vocational rehabilitation, employment, and insurance benefits valued at nearly $70 billion this year to Veterans, their families and survivors through 57 VA regional offices.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

We are going to try our hardest to accomplish General Shinseki's goal. I think it is going to require some changes in how we operate.

There have been some all-hands meetings with our Regional Office Directors and Service Center Managers regarding how we are going to accomplish this.

We are getting increased pressure to get these claims taken, developed, and promulgated. If everything is done just right, 125 days is not unreasonable. With the right attention to detail, 100 percent accuracy is possible.

It's going to be a heck of a fight, but were going to do our best to pull it off.

No more shredding.

Just hit DELETE.

sledge

We are going to try our hardest to accomplish General Shinseki's goal. I think it is going to require some changes in how we operate.

There have been some all-hands meetings with our Regional Office Directors and Service Center Managers regarding how we are going to accomplish this.

We are getting increased pressure to get these claims taken, developed, and promulgated. If everything is done just right, 125 days is not unreasonable. With the right attention to detail, 100 percent accuracy is possible.

It's going to be a heck of a fight, but were going to do our best to pull it off.

Good luck, and thanks for putting forth the effort. We will all be much better off it this program is successful.

• HadIt.com Elder

provided that the veteran does their part by not filing for everything under the sun (mud slinging at the wall) and that they document stuff the first time, or have adequate supporting documentation, I don't see why there would be any problem. Some of the responsibility resides on the vet, too. For example, if you have a year to appeal, why take the whole year unless you have some kind of extenuating circumstance? That just delays your claim another 364 days.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines