Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Ebenefits Problem?

joeyjoeyb
This thread is over 365 days old and has been closed.

Please post your question as a New Topic by clicking this link and choosing which forum to post in.

For almost everything you are going to want to post in VA Claims Research.

If this is your first time posting. Take a moment and read our Guidelines. It will inform you of what is and isn't acceptable and tips on getting your questions answered. 

Remember, everyone who comes here is a volunteer. At one point, they went to the forums looking for information. They liked it here and decided to stay and help other veterans. They share their personal experience, providing links to the law and reference materials and support because working on your claim can be exhausting and beyond frustrating. 

This thread may still provide value to you and is worth at least skimming through the responses to see if any of them answer your question. Knowledge Is Power, and there is a lot of knowledge in older threads.

spacer.png

Question

Hello all. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem. This has been going on for the past week or so. I can log in just fine. I click on my C&P area to see what is going on with my claims. I get to the area where it has the date like 06/01/2007....when I click on that, it will not go to the next screen. As a matter of fact, when I click on any dates in any of the areas, it will not go to the next screen. I cleaned out my computer and deleted all cookies and stuff, and it still does not work. I called the help line and they took my INFO and the lady said she had not heard of that problem. Not sure what is going on. Worked fine last week.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My experience has been that it works periodically. Sometimes I log in fine and my info is there, next time not. Five minutes ago I logged in and checked my claim, wasn't on the site two minutes, pop up appears states 15 minutes of inactivity and I am automatically being logged out. Oh well.

i have problems in logging in, it takes a trick or two. i asked for some admin info 4 weeks ago & i am still waiting for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

they have been messing with/ upgrading the site for the last few weeks, along with Myhealthvet, so there are times that it won' t log in, or it does log in but nothing works-the link behinds are not always tied together or something.

Hello all. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem. This has been going on for the past week or so. I can log in just fine. I click on my C&P area to see what is going on with my claims. I get to the area where it has the date like 06/01/2007....when I click on that, it will not go to the next screen. As a matter of fact, when I click on any dates in any of the areas, it will not go to the next screen. I cleaned out my computer and deleted all cookies and stuff, and it still does not work. I called the help line and they took my INFO and the lady said she had not heard of that problem. Not sure what is going on. Worked fine last week.

I have had similar problems with the site. I inquired through IRIS and was told that they were still working on the site so it may be some time before everything works consistently. I think it also has to do with how good a job your local VARO is at getting information into the computer system.

• HadIt.com Elder

I am no fan of myhealthevet mainly cause they promise a lot and deliver a little. The web site is always down on Monday's and I could not log in sent and email 10 days ago and yet to hear back.

You can reorder medication on it but still VA has problems with delivery on time and for me my insulin arrives with the refrigeration gone.

Now the VA wants me to pick it up at the VA. To bad the VA does not have a drive in window for the pharmacy but if they did they would probably have long lines for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I live about 4 hours away from my regional office and did not want to drive there.. Is there any other way to sign up for the premium on ebenefits?

Not that I know of. "in person verification' is what they call it, and I think the only way to do it is to physically present yourself. *shrug* Sorry! Maybe a VSO could do it?

At my local CBOC (community based outpatient clinic) you can set up your myheathevet account without driving to a regional center. I would call your local clinic and see if that is available there.

I am no fan of myhealthevet mainly cause they promise a lot and deliver a little. The web site is always down on Monday's and I could not log in sent and email 10 days ago and yet to hear back.

You can reorder medication on it but still VA has problems with delivery on time and for me my insulin arrives with the refrigeration gone.

Now the VA wants me to pick it up at the VA. To bad the VA does not have a drive in window for the pharmacy but if they did they would probably have long lines for it.

It doesn't matter which line you go to at the VA pharmacvy, you can bet that will almost alwys be the wrong line..

if you say I wil pick it up they wil mail it.. if you say mail it they will hold it for pick-up.

They open at 9 am, not 8 am..

anyone care to add more?

(I know of a few more..)

:blink:

I live about 4 hours away from my regional office and did not want to drive there.. Is there any other way to sign up for the premium on ebenefits?

I went to Audie Murphy Hospital's patient library and did the in person authentication for myhealthevet and then I was able to get a Ds logon for Ebenefits. It is time consuming and can take some time to get eve3rything set up for Ebenefits.

68mustang

[/qu

Can sending an Iris regarding your claim help speed up the process. After not getting any helpful info on the Ebenifits page I think my file got shoved under someones desk or file 13 and thought sending an Iris that would possibly help locating a file that should of been put into the system long time ago

If I send an Iris to find out what is going on with a claim with the e benifits, will that possibly speed up the process? I thing my claim that got sent back to the development board from the rating is now either went to file 13, or is buried under someones desk. They could possibly locate it and find out this needs to be acted upon.

]

[/qu

• HadIt.com Elder

When I go to pick-up window at my VA pharmacy it is no good if I want to get a narcotic script. For that I have to wait 2 hours. The doctor can't call it in to the pharmacy. I have to hand deliver it and then wait. They go out of their way to make it hard to use.

• Community Admin/Founder

According to the E benefits site, you should be able to register for an account through your current MyHealthVet account. I've been trying for about a month now and all I get is an error message and that they are working on it.

So far MyHealthVet has been pretty good for me reordering prescriptions. Though a few months ago the label on my xanaax refill was misprinted and sent to some other city, so the pharmacy told me I had to look up and call that post office and then look up and call our local post office and then call them. They would not send me enough pills to get through the week until my prescription came, even though the doctor would have ordered them. It was a real mess and I am still very ticked off about that. Then later that month or the next month is when I received the letter from the VAMC John Cochran that I may have been exposed to HIV/Hep. Tested negative both times so thank God for that.

However I am now so angry that they have had to put me on blood pressure pills and I don't know when I get my anger in control enough to even step foot in their door again. ugh.

According to the E benefits site, you should be able to register for an account through your current MyHealthVet account. I've been trying for about a month now and all I get is an error message and that they are working on it.

I'm in the same holding position, I check it regularly to see if I can gain access via MyHealthVet Logon. Still getting the "under maintenance" message......and it's been weeks since I started trying to gain access to Ebenefits.

B6

I'm having problems with the site, too. I called the 800 number about an un-answered IRIS message regarding the site, and they gave me an Ebenefits tech support phone number of 800-983-0937 to call. I haven't tried it yet, but it may be helpful. Good luck!

I call the tech support number and they are "suppose" to send me a new logon ID number or something to that effect, to verify that it is me trying to log in via said letter! We shall see if I get anything in the mail. I called the beginning of last week, still nothing in the mailbox.

Let the waiting games begin....................

B6

Edited by Bravo6

I tried that phone number a couple months ago,. it only rang and never answered... I tried for several days...

:huh:

• HadIt.com Elder

Its all typical there is no such thing as customer service when you deal with VA. I gave up trying to get on ebenefits when it jacked up the only thing that was working for me myhealtevet for reordering meds.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines