VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I received a letter from the VA (Houston) that states they want to schedule a C&P exam to see what my current physical health is, but they also want to do another exam for my PTSD (currently 30%). I can understand the physical part which is related to my agent orange issues, but did I piss someone off at the VA to get reexamined for the PTSD?

PAPA

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just tell the Doc you are from Bloody Harlan.

Just joking. It probally isnt a big deal, they may just want to see if your condition has changed.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

How long ago were you rated reviews are nothing new every few years is normal unless a veteran has been rated at 100% P&T then they only do reviews when they ask for another claim and then everything comes back into play I have heard some say that they have been called in just before they reach the 10 year mark

even SSD does reviews on people that are disabled if it's something they think might get better then they review every 3 years and those with severe disabilities get reviewed every 7 years I was found disabled by SSD for my cardiac problems in early 2003 I just did my review 2 months ago all by mail worked for me all they asked is where I have been seen and for what by which doctors all I told them I was worse and had also been diagnosed with PTSD since I had become by my CAD.....

they wrote back and told me that if I returned to work notify them otherwise they will contact me again sometime in the future which I hope is about 2017 if I am still alive which will make me 62 then that should probably be my last review if I live that long because when I turn 65 or 67 they will change my status from SSD to SSA and that should stop any future reviews.....

with the VA no rating is GUARANTEED until a veteran has held it for 20 years.....

• HadIt.com Elder

Many are not aware but any time you ask for a change you are reviewed by the VARO. Rarely do they change anything. SS reviews are a little different and eventually they send you a form with 5 or 6 boxes which if you check no changes you will get a letter and say your review is over.

Since you only 30% service connected for ptsd va might want to see had it worstsen,this is the time to help yourself,you could possible get a increase.

The norm for the VA; I was awarded 70% PTSD and 10% + 10% for hearing and tinnitus, the review concluded I was having employment issues since I held positions at over 15 different companies in a 3 year period and was terminated from all 15 for aggressive behaviour or challenging authority. Consequently they sent a form along with the original award letter requesting me to apply for 100% PTSD due to unemployablity issues. Now I'm waiting for the C&P notification after applying for the 100% but that is ok because I'm just as aggressive, just as depressed, have major anxiety and hypervigilence, probably more so then before! Don't sweat it, just go in and tell the truth as it really happened just like the first time and remember when the examiner asks "how are you doing today"? If you have PTSD the correct response should be " Well if I'm here I can't be doing very well now can I"!! Good luck Brother!