VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Even Though Va Doc Has Me On Meds.

Rate this question

era25

Question

ok--hello--I came back from OEF in may 05, went to a VA doctor for anxiety in nov 06, he put me on meds and I have been on these meds ever since, and the VA fills them for me every time. In jan 07, I submitted a claim for PTSD--which 18 months later--the VA denied. I sent in a

LOD and have not gotten anywhere since--I dont think they even contacted the VA doc. How can the VA deny me if there own doc has me on meds for depression and anger/ anxiety. It is frustrating dealing with these idiots, any advice or steps I should take--thanks.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted a claim for PTSD--which 18 months later--the VA denied.

era25,

Welcome.

What exactly is stated in the Evidence and Reasons and Bases Section of the Rating Decision

that denied PTSD.

• HadIt.com Elder

grasshopper - you have so much to learn and much time to learn it. The object is not to pay you! That being said, you must prove your claim. Seeing a doc, taking meds, is not proof. Please post their "reasons and bases" for denial, as carlie requested and perhaps we can point you in the correct direction. Welcome!

pr

ok--hello--I came back from OEF in may 05, went to a VA doctor for anxiety in nov 06, he put me on meds and I have been on these meds ever since, and the VA fills them for me every time. In jan 07, I submitted a claim for PTSD--which 18 months later--the VA denied. I sent in a

LOD and have not gotten anywhere since--I dont think they even contacted the VA doc. How can the VA deny me if there own doc has me on meds for depression and anger/ anxiety. It is frustrating dealing with these idiots, any advice or steps I should take--thanks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. To win your claim you have to have a diagnosis now that is linked to your service. Being disabled now is only one part of the picture. You need to mention in your disagreement where the medical evidence is that supports your service connection.

Good Luck'

'

Are you working?

Do you get Social Security?

Did you file within one year of separation?

Work with me for one minute. What you stated is that you are being treated for, "depression and anger/ anxiety". Then why did you not file a claim for Depression or Anxiety Disorder. What is your clinical diagnosis. All mental disorders are rated under the same criteria except eating disorders.

First you must be diagnosed with PTSD by a Mental Health professional, specifically an MD; secondly you must prove that your mental and emotional disability is service connected either in your SMR's or by verified stressors testimony in writing. If you have clinically dianosed PTSD and you prove connection to your service you are entitled to a positive decision; remember the rated percentage is based on the severity of your symptoms and how much PTSD has affected your life. If your stressors are combat related and if you have a CAR, CIB, Purple Heart or a Bronze Star with V then your stressors are presumed and do not have to be verified. Thanks for your service and Welcome Home!!

@pigdriver, thanks, but I have a CAB but I still got denied. I am going to appeal the decision. I just think going by my experience that a VA doctors evaluation and a CAB does not mean a PTSD claim will not need further evidence.