VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Individual Unemployability

Rate this question

e4766

Question

Filed July 29, 2010 we received their reply August 5, 2010. Question, Regional Office called this morning and said they needed additional information? I thought that all they needed was a Form 21-8940 which I have a copy of. I did however send a cover letter stating his recent increases from 70% to 90%. What else is needed? Tried to call but you all know the routine, press 1, wait, press whatever. She's supposed to call back this afternoon. I need to bale hay and e does not do well over the phone. She didn't leave a name or her extension number. Oh well.

Carolyn

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did anyone else have to repeat all the information I mentioned in my last post?

Carolyn

If i was you i would just submit last employer statments,and tell va to go ahead and finish claim since he is receiving compensation instead of penison. Form 21-4165 is for veterans that is receving Pension. hopes this helps

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

YUP. What Mobie just said.

If they have sent you, or request from you, all this other stuff, and Mr E isn't working, hasn't worked, and has no income, nothing reported to the IRS.........then just show a big, fat "0" and send it back to them. They are people just like us, and their policys and procedures that they must follow probably shows that they have to send you all this stuff............they could care less whether the thing is filled out.........but they can't do ANYthing until it IS filled out. FAX 'em in to them.

Hey guys the only income he has is Social Security. I guess I should just report that right? You know if I wouldn't get in such a fizz and READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY I wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. You're right the title is Pension Claim. Duh! Even though our process hasn't been that long I really get stressed out. I hope we are in the short rows but I get the let down blues sometimes.Thanks for your support. Oh Lord E just got stung in the nose with a wasp and he swells really bad! Got to go!!

Carolyn

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey guys the only income he has is Social Security. I guess I should just report that right? You know if I wouldn't get in such a fizz and READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY I wouldn't have to ask stupid questions. You're right the title is Pension Claim. Duh! Even though our process hasn't been that long I really get stressed out. I hope we are in the short rows but I get the let down blues sometimes.Thanks for your support. Oh Lord E just got stung in the nose with a wasp and he swells really bad! Got to go!!

Carolyn

OUCH! Now, that would hurt! If he is "allergic" to stings, get him to the ER (if you don't happen to have ephederine or an "eppy pen" handy......we have a couple in the fridge...just in case...). Getting stung that "close" to his airway...............NOT GOOD!

Filed July 29, 2010 we received their reply August 5, 2010. Question, Regional Office called this morning and said they needed additional information? I thought that all they needed was a Form 21-8940 which I have a copy of. I did however send a cover letter stating his recent increases from 70% to 90%. What else is needed? Tried to call but you all know the routine, press 1, wait, press whatever. She's supposed to call back this afternoon. I need to bale hay and e does not do well over the phone. She didn't leave a name or her extension number. Oh well.

Carolyn

Im late on this, but in the forms that arrived at my previous employers, they wanted to know why I was terminated which took a little while but when the comments were filled out it only made my claim stronger although it did slow things down some, I also submitted my annual Social Security Statement that showed the unemployment for the past 2 years and the decline in income previous as evidence in support of claim