VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Cant Claim Depression So How To Claim?

Rate this question

rgero311975

Question

I need help on filing for the pain i suffer from service connected spine,migrain,sciaticia,degerative ankle disease and achilles tendinitis.. I can not claim depression becasue of these as i have tried 3 times ,but i was stabbed when i got out of the military and they related all my depression... I have tried to file depression secondary to all my service connected issues but it not going to work!!!!!!!!!!!! May be PAIN SYNDROME or some other diagnoses that doesnt relate to depresison but i can get services connected for.. I have depression for my service connected issue but they relate it to the stabbing!!!!!!!!!!! codes 9435 Mood disorder,9422 Pain disorder for all my service connected issues? would this be far away from deprression?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Did your last SC award consider the Deluca Factor at All?

• HadIt.com Elder

rgero is any part of your rating "already SC for" PTSD? If you have a PTSD rating or any other mental health diagnosis then they will NOT give you a separate rating for depression regardless of how many mental health diagnosis they tell you many of us have multiple diagnosis mine are PTSD and OCD but they only rate the most severe issue and then lump them together depression is normally associated with ALL mental health diagnosis to the docs it is just one more symptom of the already SC issues all PTSD vets have depression they only get the one award and they don't normally list depression as a separate issue.

I have seen people get rated for depression secondary to physical injuries but it is harder than most people think

if you were stabbed after you left the military then they won't service connect anything connected to that attack you have to stick with problems that only happened while you were on active duty

in order to advance your claims you have to stick to medical problems that started while you were in service do not give them any thing to point to prior to service nor anything after you left the service they will take those incidents and beat you upside down if you give them anything to deny the claim don't lie but don't add things into the soup that doesn't have to be there

Edited by Testvet

• HadIt.com Elder

rgero is any part of your rating "already SC for" PTSD? If you have a PTSD rating or any other mental health diagnosis then they will NOT give you a separate rating for depression regardless of how many mental health diagnosis they tell you many of us have multiple diagnosis mine are PTSD and OCD but they only rate the most severe issue and then lump them together depression is normally associated with ALL mental health diagnosis to the docs it is just one more symptom of the already SC issues all PTSD vets have depression they only get the one award and they don't normally list depression as a separate issue.

I have seen people get rated for depression secondary to physical injuries but it is harder than most people think

if you were stabbed after you left the military then they won't service connect anything connected to that attack you have to stick with problems that only happened while you were on active duty

in order to advance your claims you have to stick to medical problems that started while you were in service do not give them any thing to point to prior to service nor anything after you left the service they will take those incidents and beat you upside down if you give them anything to deny the claim don't lie but don't add things into the soup that doesn't have to be there

Good Posting, TV.

Yah know, I've been wondering for a couple of years about the Diagnosis "Pain Disorder" (the Somatoform Disorder #9422). And, just how one would go about filing a claim for said disorder. Just been kickin' it around in the back of my little B-B Brain, okay?

Hmmmmm? YUP! Might just be a good time to unlimber the old Clic-a-Bic!

You know, like FORGET about the "stabbing"............eliminate that "hook" that the VA has chosed to hang their hat on. FERGIT ABOUT IT!

In your original post you stated:

"I need help on filing for the pain i suffer from service connected spine,migrain,sciaticia,degerative ankle disease and achilles tendinitis.."

Yes, you do need help. And you need help concentrating upon the "filing for the pain I suffer" for your service-connected disabilities. You are already service-connected for these listed disabilities, correct? So, you do NOT NEED TO keep charging at that same Red Cape while the VA keeps stickin' it to you, correct?

BACK AWAY FROM the fight that you will NEVER WIN. The VA has set the parameters here and you ain't gonna GET a "depression" claim, PERIOD. You let the cat outta the bag when you kept bringing up your stabbing with your VA healthcare workers. And, in case you haven't tried it, let me tell you, herding cats, to get them BACK in the pen, IS PURE HELL!

Go for a brand-new, fresh approach. One that the VA has not had an opportunity to forestall.

time for me to go get another of my neighbor's goats...................got the mesquite all warmed up......................