VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Peripheral Neuro

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

Ive read the exam sheet from va.warms, but im more interested in the non-physical exam part, where is says "other diagnostic tests.....) .(ive had 2 SLR tests and ROM tests and xrays in the last 4 days already, so I know what those are, and I have the narratives from VA and my doc to give the the C and P doctor)

What other types of tests can they do? This would be for DDD/lower extremity radiculopathy.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Very Painful ones. EMG"s amd Nerve conduction studies where they stick needles in your muscles to measure Nerve activity. This is also a method of making Terrorist suspects talk, or at least it should be.

Just joking, but it does hurt somewhat.

J

Edited by jbasser

• HadIt.com Elder

The exam doctor will give you the pinprick test. He/she will gently prick your feet and legs to see if you feel anything. The test is pretty subjective. I got 10% in each limb for PN based mainly on the pinprick test done by a neurologist.

I went to my C and P today, and she did reflexes, tuning fork (That felt weird-parts of me could feel 'vibration' other parts of my toes just felt cold or pressure but no vibration), asked lots of questions about onset, aggrivation, impariment in quality of life, what meds I was taking. She flexed my ankles, and toes and thighs. <br style="min-width: 0px; ">...and scheduled an EMG sometime in the near future.

SO...If sicatica pain and radiculopathy is dependant on the position im in (sitting or standing) and im taking major anti inflammatories, won't that 'change' the EMG reading? If its looking for radiculopathy in an extremity and ive been standing and not sitting, for example, does that make the EMG read 'false'?