VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ihd Va Criteria

Rate this question

Berta

Question

N4XV posted the criteria here in April and I feel this is another post that needs to be moved to the forefront as some of these claims could be resolved fast when the regs are formalized:

Please note the exceptions-

The METS values might not be required

1. if the MET test is medically contraindicated or

2.If the left ventricular ejection fraction ( stated on ECHO results) is less then 50% or

3.when chronic CHF is present with more than one episode of CHF documented in the clinical record within "the past year"- and I assume this could mean within past year prior to the formal regs being published. or

4.when a 100% evaluation can be assigned on another basis.

As VA has stated they expect most IHD awards will be at the 60% level.

LVEJ at 30 to 50 % or more than one episode of CHF in past year- equals 60 % rating in most cases.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

IF and that is a big IF the criteria being used is that that is posted my LVE of 50% in 2002 should stand the scrutinize and be awarded back retro to 2003 as.

I for one certainly hope this will be the case.

Our SVR producer told me perhaps the attorney at SVR tonight will discuss either these new AO regs or the new PTSD reg.

We have to keep up on this stuff as I expect MANY IHD claims will be filed and they are plenty of past IHD denials that VA has to recognize and award retro under Nehmer on.

I suggest that when any vet files for AO IHD that they enclose if possible and definitely refer to0in their claim- any past denied IHD claim.

The VA will be seeking any IHD or similiar abbreviation that would be in fact ischemic heart disease as an NSC rating and code in any past denials.

That date of the denied claim -in most cases- should be the IHD EED under the Nehmer COurt Order.

I expect their will be many new claims from widows and widowers of AO exposed IHD vets who died with IHD contributing to death.

Then again I have no idea how these survivors will know of these new regs although it has been in some major newspapers.

The VA is supposed to be trying to contact previously denied affected vets and widows who might fall under the new IHD proposed presumptive.

yeah right.

Here is something interesting I recently discovered.....anyone ever hear of this ???

My husband is sc for DM2 related to AO exposure.

He had an appeal at BVA for a separate issue that was recently granted....yippeee (not an ao related disease)

In a phone call I made, we were advised that the VA opened a claim for him for IHD.....he does have HBP as related to DM2

and a right bundle branch blockage. The HBP was never rated...and, when his DM2 was granted, his claim was already

perfected for the balance and in line for a BVA hearing....in clarification, we only had to prove he was in fact on dirt in RVN....

and we did so the RO had to presume he was exposed to AO.

I'm curious.....and, we haven't yet received his rating on the appeal, but I'm curious about the AO and the IHD claim the VA said

was opened on his behalf....I think I'm going to need to make a few phone calls on this one.

If anyone has any insight on this issue, let me know....otherwise I will post as soon as I get more info.

His original claim had HBP listed, but it was never rated with the DM2 and with the balance of the claim at the BVA, we opted to

wait for their decision on that portion before going back in on the AO issues.

Thank you.....

VetsLady

Berta, I think with Webb putting a hold on payments that it inadvertently also help vets and the widows by keeping it in the news and on the front pages. I am sure he did not mean to do that. Ha HA!

Also lets remember the VA is doing their own review of any and all claims that pertains to these 3.

Donna not sure about your question but when the VA is reviewing the records they will be required to give the veteran the proper rating and if they don't the veteran will be told how to appeal.

All of this is in the Training guide I posted for theses conditions. It is very clear to how the raters are to proceed with these claims.