VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Emg's And Radiculopathy/sciatic Pain Questions

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

I went to my C and P today, and she did reflexes, tuning fork (That felt weird-parts of me could feel 'vibration' other parts of my toes just felt cold or pressure), poked me, bent my toes, asked lots of questions about onset, aggrivation, impariment in quality of life, what meds I was taking. She flexed my ankles, and toes and thighs.

...and scheduled an EMG sometime in the near future. If sicatica pain and radiculopathy is dependant on the position im in (sitting or standing) and im taking major anti inflammatories, won't that 'change' the EMG reading? If its looking for radiculopathy in an extremity and ive been standing and not sitting, for example, and it's not 'tingling' does that make the EMG read 'false'?

I'm diagnosed with radiculopathy in the right, but im trying to service the connect the left 2nd to DDD in lower lumbar spine.

Edited by brokensoldier244th

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would't put any faith in the accuracy of an EMG test. They often come out normal and seldom show what is really going on with nerve damage.

Thanks, all. We'll see what they say.

CAS

I would't put any faith in the accuracy of an EMG test. They often come out normal and seldom show what is really going on with nerve damage.