VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

Does anyone know the average wait time to get to a DRO Review appeal ? I requested one in November of 2008, after being denied for PTSD. The C&P examiner did not

diagnose me with PTSD, but stated I have alcohol induced depression. Even after I had been diagnosed with PTSD by VA, and an outside Psychologist. I even completed

the 8 week in-patient PTSD program in Biloxi, MI - and the Psychologist who ran the program wrote a statement explaining my stressors and symptoms. All was submitted in my claim as evidence. I feel, because at the initial C&P I presented the medical report from the outside Psychologist - just to make sure it was in my records, that I was given

that diagnosis. Her whole attitude toward me changed. After receiving the denial, I hired a lawyer and he submitted the NOD. Recently, In May of 2010 -The Review Officer requested I have another C&P. This time I received a diagnosis of PTSD and major depressive disorder. GAF 66/62, which I don't agree with because I haven't worked since

2006, and have been awarded SSD because of PTSD and Depression. I did file for unemployability, but was also denied. I think because I haven't been service connected

for PTSD, Depression yet... Anyway I feel the Reviewing Officer has had more than enough time to make a decision, and he's just sitting on my claim... Any thoughts anyone ? Thanks....

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Send an IRIS inquiry about this so you will get an answer in writing.

Do you havwe A VSO. They should be on top of i t.

J

Edited by jbasser

"have been awarded SSD because of PTSD and Depression."

Is the VA aware of that award?

Thanks for replying, Jbasser and Berta.

Jbasser, I've sent many inquiries through IRIS about my claim but I only got the we're still working on it, or the DRO hasn't made a decision on it yet spill.

It's almost been two years, and this is not a Full appeal - Just a DRO review. Montgomery Regional Office has to be the slowest in processing VA Claims !

While I've been waiting on this review, I submitted two more claims and although they were denied, I did get decisions. Imagine that ! I think they're just

sitting on the claim because they know they're gonna have to service connect me this time around. I don't have a VSO, but I do have a lawyer who represent

veterans with their claims. He's actually a SSA Lawyer, who got me approved - and he does VA Claims.

Berta, we did submitt the SSD approval info - along with a request to be considered for unemployability, but it was denied. Maybe because I haven't

actually been service connected as of yet for PTSD/Depression. I quess they wanted to denie unemployability first before making a decision....Any other thoughts,

Thanks !

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a lawyer for your VA claim you should communicate with the VA through your lawyer. Otherwise, you are undermining your lawyer. I think getting a lawyer for your claim was a good idea if the VA denies you again and you have to go to the BVA.

Thanks John999 for your replying,

Wow !, I can't believe it. Guess what came in the mail today. The SOC, I had three issues to which I requested a DRO review for. Skin rated at 60%, Left Ankle rated at 10%,

and the PTSD/Depression, which was denied. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the BVA for skin and ankle, but they did approved PTSD/Depression. YEPPEY ! I don't know the rating percentage yet, it has to go back to the regional office so they can assign a rating. Won't get my hopes up to high, knowing the VA, they'll propably low ball me - but

at least I will finally get service connected. Half the battle WON ! Does any body know how long this process take ? Thanks !

Thanks John999 for your replying,

Wow !, I can't believe it. Guess what came in the mail today. The SOC, I had three issues to which I requested a DRO review for. Skin rated at 60%, Left Ankle rated at 10%,

and the PTSD/Depression, which was denied. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to the BVA for skin and ankle, but they did approved PTSD/Depression. YEPPEY ! I don't know the rating percentage yet, it has to go back to the regional office so they can assign a rating. Won't get my hopes up to high, knowing the VA, they'll propably low ball me - but

at least I will finally get service connected. Half the battle WON ! Does any body know how long this process take ? Thanks !

Congrats, I to have been awarded sc for ptsd/depression from the bva, it's been three weeks and I haven't heard anything as of yet. i was hoping it would be soon.