VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

devildog2061

Question

Does anyone know the average wait time to get to a DRO Review appeal ? I requested one in November of 2008, after being denied for PTSD. The C&P examiner did not

diagnose me with PTSD, but stated I have alcohol induced depression. Even after I had been diagnosed with PTSD by VA, and an outside Psychologist. I even completed

the 8 week in-patient PTSD program in Biloxi, MI - and the Psychologist who ran the program wrote a statement explaining my stressors and symptoms. All was submitted in my claim as evidence. I feel, because at the initial C&P I presented the medical report from the outside Psychologist - just to make sure it was in my records, that I was given

that diagnosis. Her whole attitude toward me changed. After receiving the denial, I hired a lawyer and he submitted the NOD. Recently, In May of 2010 -The Review Officer requested I have another C&P. This time I received a diagnosis of PTSD and major depressive disorder. GAF 66/62, which I don't agree with because I haven't worked since

2006, and have been awarded SSD because of PTSD and Depression. I did file for unemployability, but was also denied. I think because I haven't been service connected

for PTSD, Depression yet... Anyway I feel the Reviewing Officer has had more than enough time to make a decision, and he's just sitting on my claim... Any thoughts anyone ? Thanks....

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Soon on VA time but slow on real time. I would say weeks to a couple of months. Good Luck and Congrats on your win

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know the average wait time to get to a DRO Review appeal ? I requested one in November of 2008, after being denied for PTSD. The C&P examiner did not

diagnose me with PTSD, but stated I have alcohol induced depression. Even after I had been diagnosed with PTSD by VA, and an outside Psychologist. I even completed

the 8 week in-patient PTSD program in Biloxi, MI - and the Psychologist who ran the program wrote a statement explaining my stressors and symptoms. All was submitted in my claim as evidence. I feel, because at the initial C&P I presented the medical report from the outside Psychologist - just to make sure it was in my records, that I was given

that diagnosis. Her whole attitude toward me changed. After receiving the denial, I hired a lawyer and he submitted the NOD. Recently, In May of 2010 -The Review Officer requested I have another C&P. This time I received a diagnosis of PTSD and major depressive disorder. GAF 66/62, which I don't agree with because I haven't worked since

2006, and have been awarded SSD because of PTSD and Depression. I did file for unemployability, but was also denied. I think because I haven't been service connected

for PTSD, Depression yet... Anyway I feel the Reviewing Officer has had more than enough time to make a decision, and he's just sitting on my claim... Any thoughts anyone ? Thanks....

The last and only DRO review of one of my claims was completed in about 30 days after the initial decision. It was just a "rubber stamp" of the original denial. The claim is somewhere in the appeal process, and may be moot, thanks to the recent "new" presumptives.

• HadIt.com Elder

if it was a BVA award it took my claim from April 7 2009 until June 4 2009 to get the rating decision wrote up and paid out so it is about a 3-4 month wait my lawyer seemed that I got it faster than she expected....they don't have time limits on their actions

Thanks everyone for the info, I pray that the VA will grant your claims aswell !,

You know I've look through this forum the whole time I was going through the appeals process, and finally decided to join - never knowing the very next day I would

receive the decision. I'll let you know, when I get the rating....Thanks Guys !

Well everyone, just as I suspected - The VA low balled me with a rating of 30%, but at least I'm now service connected ( PTSD ) and will re-submitt a claim for

unemployability. I have a total rating of 80%,

60% skin

30% PTSD and Depressive Disorder NOS

10% Left Ankle

10% Tinnitus

0% Both ears

I have been awarded SSD for PTSD and a back injury. The back injury was work related, so it's not service connected but, plays a major role on my PTSD symptoms.

I'm constantly in pain...I was denied for unemployability while going through the appeal, ( I Think ) - because I wasn't actually service connected yet, and My lawyer

requested it, but didn't submitt the proper form for unemployability.

Well, now that I'm now service connected (PTSD) and we have now submitted the proper form - what are my chances of winning this claim ? Any thought, anyone ?

Thanks....