VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Med Center Chain Of Command

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you want some action you have to start bothering the medical director of the VAMC. Send them certified letters. Ask for appointments to talk to them. Bug their secretaries. You will get calls from patient advocates, but just keep being a pest. It has worked for me,but the effort required is great and the rewards are temporary.

John

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with John.

Where there is no pain, nothing changes.

Post specific information on local news pages, social media, make complaints to everywhere you can.

Even if you're sending complaints somewhere that isn't responsible to handle them, the noise will be heard and transmitted.

You never know someone who knows someone will get word and take some action.

If we can afford aircraft carriers and drones, we can pay to take care of the casualties.

Time for veterans to stop suffering in silence!

• 8 years later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Hi Newhere. Welcome to Hadit. It is best to keep the same chain of thought going buy tagging on to your original chain of comments so others can follow along, instead of issuing a new question everytime. I'm not from Virginia and not knowing any details of your problems with their health treatment, I will suggest that you try the whitehouse hot line. 855-948-2311. It is a national policy to reduce the veterans' usage of pain killers and they can look into your situation. Again, not knowing the situation, I'm thinking part of the problem may be a lack of qualified experts in your area that the VA can allocate.