VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Crohn's Disease Question

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I know a guy who is diagnosed with Crohn's disease and it gives him a lot of problems.

He told me that he was in the Army as a mechanic. He spent 4 years active (1984-1988) and 4 in reserves (1988-1992). While on active duty, he spent the majority of his time assigned at a base in Puerto Rico.

Does anyone know if there is a relation between a mechanic MOS and Crohn's?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know a guy who is diagnosed with Crohn's disease and it gives him a lot of problems.

He told me that he was in the Army as a mechanic. He spent 4 years active (1984-1988) and 4 in reserves (1988-1992). While on active duty, he spent the majority of his time assigned at a base in Puerto Rico.

Well, I don't know of any specific MOS that would lead to Crohns Disease.

HOWEVER, if you'll look at the listings of the bases OUTSIDE of Vietnam that someone has just posted, you'll find that there was quite a lot of Orange used there.

Now, having said that, Crohns has not been added to the list of presumptive AO diseases............but, I have a feeling that a lot of systemic diseases that we are seeing in veterans exposed to AO are just never going to make The List!

Liver diseases, inflammatory bowel diseases, etc.

BTW, on a personal note, Crohns Disease is prevalent in the Jewish population........................................................:wacko: !

just sayin......................

Does anyone know if there is a relation between a mechanic MOS and Cohn's?

If he was diagnosed on active duty or if he can prove that he had symptoms on active duty, then it is possible. He would also need a current diagnosis and a nexus statement from a doctor that says that they have reviewed his military records and it is the doctor's medical opinion that his crohns disease began while in service or he had the symptoms of the disease in service.

working with gasoline, and the rest of petroleum chemicals can make a person sick.. only problem is linking them with diseases...

one lust show they had symptoms while on active duty. But, some of these diseases show up many years after exposure..

those of us that need to find a link and prove it are screwed...

in my case a few symptoms showed up while on active duty, but many symptoms showed up many years later..

that's the big problem, finding the nexus..

I had inflammatory problems while on active duty... but am still getting them link through a nexus and submitting claims..

I worked with fuels.. and petro chemicals

Edited by retiredat44