VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Depression (Never Had Exam)

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

One of my claims is for depression. The depression is caused by illness, which was caused by illness on and after active duty, service connected.

I am rated at 50% for illness from Jet Fuel, on active duty.

I have claims in for more ilnesses, and also for depression. The depression is from the illnesses. I was never see for depression on active duty.

I just had two C&P exams for neurological issues, and for medical. I was never sent to an exam for spression for my claim.

But, I have been seen many times for depression at the VA for 15 years.

I just wondered why they never sent me for a C&P exam for depression. maybe they have enough evidence for the depression with more exams?

I expect the rating decisions soon.. as it's been a months now (C&P exams wre in July 2010).

Edited by retiredat44

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I get nervous when I see no C&P and Veteran waiting. My experience in real life and on Hadit with the tesdtimony of others is no c&P and usually no award.

I would do some serious double checking.

well, I just have to wait it out... and see the decision..

I cannot upset the apple cart, bcause everything has been said and done..

(if one does anything to upset the process.. then it could all shuffle to the bottom of the deck.)

They have the tons of medical records from the VA, it looks like they just didn't need me to see one last doctor for depression..

Maybe they have enough information because I have seen so many doctors and one more makes no difference..

I can say without a doubt, my case is complicated..

but in a nutshell, me being so sick and laying around sick for 20 years can't make me a happy person..

and everything is in the records.. and have been seen by all VA doctors constantly all these years.. They must have more than enough to read about me.. I am shocked that anyone could read through it all..

I suppose with computer they can type in a specific word and get hits,, but to see the whole picture they would need to read for hours, weeks, and months to read everything, and then understand..

If there were no computers and they had boxes of records, there would be several file cabinets to go through.. and that just for the last 2 years..

in 30 years there were only about 7 years when I don't have any records to show because I cannot find the doctors that have them.. the VA has all of them, as everything I got from other doctors they have.. I made sure I gave them records from al doctors I have even seen..

I went on searches for doctors from the 1980's, but could not find them,, I went driving and knocking on doors and the doctors had moved, merged, retired..

and the VA has been my only doctors for 15 years..

Before then it was Kaiser (and the VA has all my Kaiser records..)

All of the service active duty records were all hand written (before computers..)

If the VA does not send you for depression c&p I would be suspicious. Did your VCAA letter list depression as one of the disabilites you claimed?

I don't know what VCAA stands for, (I gottt go look) but I can say thast Depression was filed for in the Claim, Yes.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get your rating and depression is not addressed consider it denied and file a NOD. The VCAA letter is the letter the VA sends you saying what evidence you need to win your claim. If they don't address every claim you make something is wrong. For any mental disorder you should get a C&P exam. Don't assume your records tell the story.