VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Completed

Rate this question

Sgt Schmidt

Question

Hello All,

I had three (3) C&P exams on June 30th and after my exams were complete the doctor told me I should receive a letter showing the results in a couple weeks. Let's see; June 30th to August 17th. That's about 48 days I think. That's a couple of weeks, isn't it?

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a close picture on how long it takes to get the results back from the VA. I was told that one of my claims was sent to the review board but they wouldn't tell me which one it was. I asked my VSO and he said to just sit back and wait. Is that the best advice? Wait?????

Jeff

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Who did the C&P exams? If the VA did them you might get copies from the VAMC where the exams were done. You go to Release of Medical Records. If QTC did them you have to get them from the VARO. I would call or visit and push them. The VSO does not care since it is not his claim. He is too busy eating lunch to care or on break. The only good VSO is our own Larry. We need to clone him.

Who did the C&P exams? If the VA did them you might get copies from the VAMC where the exams were done. You go to Release of Medical Records. If QTC did them you have to get them from the VARO. I would call or visit and push them. The VSO does not care since it is not his claim. He is too busy eating lunch to care or on break. The only good VSO is our own Larry. We need to clone him.

John,

I had my exams done at a VAMC. I was browsing thru one of my VET magazines last night and it said in an article that it normally takes 140 + days, or longer, to receive anything back from the VA with the backlog they have.

Guess I'll just continue to wait.

Jeff

I had three (3) C&P exams on June 30th and after my exams were complete the doctor told me I should receive a letter showing the results in a couple weeks.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a close picture on how long it takes to get the results back from the VA.

I asked my VSO and he said to just sit back and wait. Is that the best advice? Wait?????

Jeff

Sgt,

Ditto on John's post.

I would go to the ROI office at your VAMC and get a copy of each C&P exam.

They should be available within about 1 week after the exam's take place,

since they were done at a VAMC.

The doctor has absolutely no idea or anything at all related to how long or when a Rating Decision

will be promulgated.

My guess is you might receive a Rating Decision somewhere between 3 - 12 months after your C&P's.

Yes, at this point the VSO is correct, except for getting copies of the C&P's, it's a waiting game for you now.

My only other suggestion at this point is for you to NOT continue to submit any additional evidence

or claims at this time - let this get completed first or you will go into a claims tornado.

JMHO

Sgt,

Ditto on John's post.

I would go to the ROI office at your VAMC and get a copy of each C&P exam.

They should be available within about 1 week after the exam's take place,

since they were done at a VAMC.

The doctor has absolutely no idea or anything at all related to how long or when a Rating Decision

will be promulgated.

My guess is you might receive a Rating Decision somewhere between 3 - 12 months after your C&P's.

Yes, at this point the VSO is correct, except for getting copies of the C&P's, it's a waiting game for you now.

My only other suggestion at this point is for you to NOT continue to submit any additional evidence

or claims at this time - let this get completed first or you will go into a claims tornado.

JMHO

Carlie,

Thank you for your information and suggestions. I'll just sit back and let the system do its work and hope that it comes sooner than later. One of my exams was for IHD so I know it will be a while before I hear anything on that.

Jeff