VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu - Almost Ready To Send In The Form

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

Okay. The form is filled out, signed & copied. The letter from my IMO doctor which states that my PTSD, etc., makes working impossible is copied and attached. Almost ready to fold this puppy up and put it into the envelope (heart thumping again, mouth getting dry!)

But, I have one more bit of information. Yesterday I finally read the report of my Comp & Pen for PTSD. Not fun, not fun at all. The examiner did diagnose me with PTSD with MDD secondary, and said it was definitely SC (I expected that since they approved my claim).

BUT, on the last page there's a section called EMPLOYABILITY which says: "The Veteran appears to have discontinued employment due to a major depressive episode in 1997. The Veteran's recurrent depression and PTSD symptoms very likely make her unemployable"

So, my question is, should I request that my TDIU be made P & T? Should I ask for that on this initial TDIU claim, or make a separate request later?

Also, since the examiner indicates that I stopped working due to my SC condition, do you think I might have a shot at retro? If so, should I mention it as part of this initial TDIU claim or again, make a separate claim afterward?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

So, my question is, should I request that my TDIU be made P & T? Should I ask for that on this initial TDIU claim, or make a separate request later?

IMHO, just shoot for being IU first, then wait and see if they approved it .......depending on your status......then file for P&T. You shouldn't worry about P&T at this point, just getting approved should be your only concern at this point!

Also, since the examiner indicates that I stopped working due to my SC condition, do you think I might have a shot at retro? If so, should I mention it as part of this initial TDIU claim or again, make a separate claim afterward?

The date you file for IU is the date they pay retro tooo. So the answer is NO! Make sure you send your letter certified to the VA!

Good Luck!

B6

Bravo, thanks!!

I think I might just be dragging my feet some more... I really should know better than to pile a bunch of issues into one claim form :blush:

• HadIt.com Elder

HEDGEY - SEND THE DAMNED THING IN!

TODAY!

PUT A STAMP ON IT, PUT IT IN THE LITTLE SLOT!

Lol! Thanks! I have a sudden, mysteriously bruised feeling in my backside. Sort of shaped like a boot print...

Okay, okay. I haven't any wheels today, so it will be in the morning. Now .... USPS with signature confirmation, or FedEx....?

Ironic, ain't it, that I'm dithering like a hamster on a wheel, to send in a form to claim that I can't work. I should send them a video of me reading the form 16 times, then writing an answer, scratching it out, writing another answer, scratching THAT out (last name first, first name last, wait, what? Oh crud!!... Date of last employment Jan 12 2098... wait, that's not right!!! ) That video would have them filing workman's comp claims for mental anguish.

Sort of like the mental anguish I've been putting my Hadit pals through while I've been bouncing off the walls about this....:blink:

Thank you!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Could you drive it over to the VARO and get date stamped copies? The VA can go back one year from the time you applied for IU if you have evidence you were unemployable and the VA knew you were unemployable. Actually, if the VA knows you are unemployable due to a SC condition that is an inferred claim for IU. However, the VA just waits until you file. When I got out in 1971 my doctor said I was unemployable. This was an inferred or informal claim for IU. The VA just ignored it. I was never told to file for IU. I did not even know what it was, and the VA never informed me I had such a claim. I met all requirements for 100%. I got 10%.