VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu - Almost Ready To Send In The Form

Rate this question

hedgey

Question

Okay. The form is filled out, signed & copied. The letter from my IMO doctor which states that my PTSD, etc., makes working impossible is copied and attached. Almost ready to fold this puppy up and put it into the envelope (heart thumping again, mouth getting dry!)

But, I have one more bit of information. Yesterday I finally read the report of my Comp & Pen for PTSD. Not fun, not fun at all. The examiner did diagnose me with PTSD with MDD secondary, and said it was definitely SC (I expected that since they approved my claim).

BUT, on the last page there's a section called EMPLOYABILITY which says: "The Veteran appears to have discontinued employment due to a major depressive episode in 1997. The Veteran's recurrent depression and PTSD symptoms very likely make her unemployable"

So, my question is, should I request that my TDIU be made P & T? Should I ask for that on this initial TDIU claim, or make a separate request later?

Also, since the examiner indicates that I stopped working due to my SC condition, do you think I might have a shot at retro? If so, should I mention it as part of this initial TDIU claim or again, make a separate claim afterward?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Don't feel badly, B6, it took ME several months to figure out that I'D been, shall we say "shortchanged", and file for MY OWN year's worth of retro. It's ONE of two claims that I STILL have with the VA (you'd think that I would have recognized IMMEDIATELY, seeing as how I'm one of them "vso"-types, but, heck, I CERTAINLY DON'T KNOW nearly EVERYTHING (could be why I hang out HERE, HUY?)).

SO, don't beat yourself, it'll only leave red marks!

Not to Hi-Jack this thread but......should I file a NOD? Since I do all my claims myself, could you shoot me in the right direction or PM me with what I need to do! Thanks Larry!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder

Not to Hi-Jack this thread but......should I file a NOD? Since I do all my claims myself, could you shoot me in the right direction or PM me with what I need to do! Thanks Larry!

B6

If you have to ask, then, most generally, the answer is a most definite "YES".

If I understand your situation, you, too, were not awarded your earliest effective date? If this is so (I'm too relaxed right now to read a bunch of posts (I've got my most "senior" cat in my lap)) then I'd certainly send in an NOD and simply state that you are requesting the earliest effective date be changed to (whatever date) due to the fact that you were actually eligible for TDIU at the earlier date, BECAUSE OF _________________________.

BTW, I didn't "chaaaarge" you anything for the above answer, so we all know what it is WORTH, right?:wink:

BTW, I didn't "chaaaarge" you anything for the above answer, so we all know what it is WORTH, right?:wink:

NOW THAT'S FUNNY..........laugh.gif

Thanks LarryJ.......I appreciate it! tongue.gif

B6