VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu ?

Rate this question

stever

Question

I've been reading all the TDIU info in this forum, and I know the importance on filing, but my question is this. I just recently was granted SC for PTSD by the BVA and I am waiting now for my rating from the RO. Should I wait to see what my rating is going to be? I have heard that it could interfere with the process, is this true? I am hoping for a rating no less than 50% and 70% would be nice. I do have employer documentation to be used for unemployability.

Stever

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I've been reading all the TDIU info in this forum, and I know the importance on filing, but my question is this. I just recently was granted SC for PTSD by the BVA and I am waiting now for my rating from the RO. Should I wait to see what my rating is going to be? I have heard that it could interfere with the process, is this true? I am hoping for a rating no less than 50% and 70% would be nice. I do have employer documentation to be used for unemployability.

Stever

IMHO, I would wait until you get your rating from the RO. Then I would file for it! Other will chime in........

Best of Luck!

B6

Carlie-I am thinking that he should apply for TDIU with the VARO now.

I feel it will take time for the BVA to send the file back to the VARO and time for them to rate his PTSD.

If they do rate it at 70%, then they will send him the TDIU form and use his date of returning the form if they grant TDIU for the retro.

He could put under # 25 that he has enclosed employer information to support the TDIU claim."I do have employer documentation to be used for unemployability."

Check Yes to # 18 and tell them if you get SSA solely for PTSD or intend to file for SSA.

Under #25 tell them of the employer information and tell them any side affects of your meds that render you unemployable.

If VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down for Voc Rehab solely due to your PTSD tell them that too.

He could easily lose months of TDIU if they award but stick to his TDIU form filing date for the retro if he waits for them to send the form.

TDIU 21-8940.pdf

Edited by Berta

I waited until I got my rating, to file now could send your file from the R/O back to the beginning... its just what I did, altogether my wait wasnt bad considering,

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree w/Berta, file for TDIU now! The c-file takes a little while to return from the BVA. The RO will generally open a temporary file, on you, until the c-file is returned. Not filing now could cost you thousands of dollars if/when you eventually win the TDIU claim. It shouldn't interfere w/the process.

pr

I agree w/Berta, file for TDIU now! The c-file takes a little while to return from the BVA. The RO will generally open a temporary file, on you, until the c-file is returned. Not filing now could cost you thousands of dollars if/when you eventually win the TDIU claim. It shouldn't interfere w/the process.

pr

Thanks for the input, I'm working on completing the form and will send it out certified receipt requested first thing in the morning

SR