VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu ?

Rate this question

stever

Question

I've been reading all the TDIU info in this forum, and I know the importance on filing, but my question is this. I just recently was granted SC for PTSD by the BVA and I am waiting now for my rating from the RO. Should I wait to see what my rating is going to be? I have heard that it could interfere with the process, is this true? I am hoping for a rating no less than 50% and 70% would be nice. I do have employer documentation to be used for unemployability.

Stever

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Even if you are rated 70% the VA may still find some reason to not infer IU. File for it now. When you win the date of your IU will go back to the time you filed for it. The VA could just deny your IU claim and you may have to fight for a while, but if you appeal and win you get the date of IU filing. I filed for IU when I was 30%. It took another year and a half to get the IU, but it went back to the date I filed for it.

I just found out yesterday that as of Aug 19th my claim is already at the raters desk at the RO. What now? do I still proceed with sending in the claim for TDIU?

SR

I would. It could be at that desk for days or even months. If they award you TDIU you can always withdraw the claim. jmo

pr

Thanks Philip

SR