VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu And Ptsd Clinic *urgent*

Rate this question

cachanilla73

Question

My husband is scheduled to go for 2 weeks to a behavioral clinic for PTSD. He is 70% combined and has an IU Claim which is going into the last stage. We just learned that at the clinic he is going there is a "snake" who is giving vets very low GAF scores. My husband's anxiety is at its high. He is afraid to go to the clinic and get 'scrued'. He is not working, he resigned his job at a federal agency with the agreement of his VA center counselor and VA psychiatric.

He wants to postpone the Behavioral Clinic until He gets the IU answer.... Any similar experiences???

Thanks!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

My husband is scheduled to go for 2 weeks to a behavioral clinic for PTSD. He is 70% combined and has an IU Claim which is going into the last stage. We just learned that at the clinic he is going there is a "snake" who is giving vets very low GAF scores. My husband's anxiety is at its high. He is afraid to go to the clinic and get 'scrued'. He is not working, he resigned his job at a federal agency with the agreement of his VA center counselor and VA psychiatric.

He wants to postpone the Behavioral Clinic until He gets the IU answer.... Any similar experiences???

Thanks!

You are probably going to have to be the one to get this delayed until after his claim is through. I have argued for different things when I am under a feeling of them not doing what I thing is best for me. And of course I loose it and then start another round of bull. Tell him to stay as calm as possible! Any and all flares ups will jeopardize how he is looked at.

• HadIt.com Elder

He should apply for disability retirement from the federal agency. To resign is to give away an immediate pension. His VA doctor "argeed" for him to resign from his job. Did they agree to pay your bills? Has he applied for SSD? Let me tell you that no one at the VA is looking out for you and your husband. You all need to look out for yourselves. If he has 70% and can't work he does not need to be in any PTSD program to get a rating. If it has not been one year since he resigned he should get in his application for disability retirement. Your dear VA doctors may have screwed him out of both SSD and OPM retirement. Resigning is a voluntary quiting of work due to whatever. This was unwise if he was a federal employee. I was a federal employee. Who advised him to resign? That was just crazy when he could have applied for disability retirement and SSD at the same time. I am not jumping on you, but that was very bad advise your husband took to resign.

It all came to the point he couldn't stand the work environment,, he got very ill, so the dr. and therapist agreed to his resignation.. He will apply for federal retirement once we relocate. He has one year from separation to apply, he is been under a lot of pressure, to many paperwork and claims,illnesess, that's why he didn't apply for the federal retirement at this point and on top of that our lease is ending soon. He already apply for SSI and got the exams done, we are waiting for the answer on that.

And yes!! I know nobody is looking our for our vets, I always say your best advocate is yourself or your loved one, the one who knows you best and spend time with you to know you conditions.

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't let the one year deadline pass because that rule is written in stone. What about your health insurance? It takes about 3-4 months for the OPM to go through. It is perfect proof of your last day at work and that you retired due to disability. It is very easy to apply.