VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

Good Morning,

Question,

I am currently on terminal/ Retirement leave from 14 July - 31 Oct 2010, I have completed all C&P exams. I recently received additional records that will be crucial in the rating board descision, I sent these records to my VA rep however when I contacted the 800# they told me my C&P exam records were at the regional office waiting to be sent to the board after my actual retirement date and the records I sent to my VA rep was not there. I was also told my VA rep did not send my records and that I needed to fax them straight to the regional office before my retirement date.

1. Where do I send my additional records?

2. Now that my exam is complete, when will I recieve my letter stating what percent disability I am entitled too?

3. I wear a Tens Unit and a Back Brace which was prescribed by a Pain Management doctor however it is not stated in my records. I was told by my VA rep to print a copy of my Tri-care claim where Tri-care Paid for the items and they would be included/ show evidence in my claims process. Is this correct?

4. I had a sleep study test and was diagonosed with Sleep Apnea, I have the CPAP machine, upon reading the diagnoses it also stated that I showed evidence of Norcolepsy and Restless Leg Syndrome. Can I be compensated for the two/ Latter?

Thanks for the Help,

GOD Speed and Keep Up the Fire...

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

"I wear a Tens Unit and a Back Brace which was prescribed by a Pain Management doctor however it is not stated in my records. I was told by my VA rep to print a copy of my Tri-care claim where Tri-care Paid for the items and they would be included/ show evidence in my claims process. Is this correct?"

That was a good idea the rep had.But is the cause of the need for these presciptions well docmented in your SMRS?

" I had a sleep study test and was diagonosed with Sleep Apnea, I have the CPAP machine, upon reading the diagnoses it also stated that I showed evidence of Norcolepsy and Restless Leg Syndrome. Can I be compensated for the two/ Latter? "

Is there any nexus or documentation in your SMRS of sleep apnea or any sleep problems at all?

"they told me my C&P exam records were at the regional office waiting to be sent to the board after my actual retirement date and the records I sent to my VA rep was not there."

By board do you mean a MEB or a PEB?

" I was also told my VA rep did not send my records and that I needed to fax them straight to the regional office before my retirement date." ???

It sounds to me as though both the VARO and the Mil board need the C & P results.

Have you requested a copy of the results from the VAMC where those exams took place?

"Now that my exam is complete, when will I recieve my letter stating what percent disability I am entitled too?"

I hope others chime in here-

I am assuming they will depend on the MEB or PEB findings to rate yo but I might have gotten that part of the post all wrong.

In any event-all disabilities need an inservice nexus to be service connected.The back problem-I assume this is due to an inservice event and well documented in your SMRs?

as well as the sleep apnea?

Or has the PEB or MEB made any medical decision yet on these 2 disabilities?