VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Any One Know?i Posted

Rate this question

Guest frank

Question

Guest frank

I POSED A QUESTION TODAY YOU WERE VERY HELPFULL I THANK YOU .NOW ABOUT MY QUESTION I HAVE A RATING DECISION IN 1993 VA NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS IS THERE A SECTION IN 38 THAT WOULD APPLY TO THIS RATING ALSO STATES REOPEN CLAIM FOR 46-49 AND 52-56 NOW ON THIS RATING IT HAS VAV-118 NAVMC-118 AF-7 DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THESE ARE ? SINCE I ONLY GOT MY RECORDS IN 2002 I AM PUTTING CLAIMS IN FOR EVERYTHING AND I DON:T WANT TO OVER LOOK ANYTHING THANK YOU

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The NAVMC 118 is usually on each page of your SRBs Service Records-

(for Navy and Marine Corps) The AF -7 is an Air Force form-

It is separate from your SMRs Service Medical Records.

You said:

"I HAVE A RATING DECISION IN 1993 VA NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT "

I am assuming this was a NSC rating?

Do you have all of your service medical records?

I think you were in two different branches of service?

This will take two separate submissions to NARA for those med records from each branch.

Edited by Berta

Guest frank
The NAVMC 118 is usually on each page of your SRBs Service Records-

(for Navy and Marine Corps) The AF -7 is an Air Force form-

It is separate from your SMRs Service Medical Records.

You said:

"I HAVE A RATING DECISION IN 1993 VA NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT "

I am assuming this was a NSC rating?

Do you have all of your service medical records?

I think you were in two different branches of service?

This will take two separate submissions to NARA for those med records from each branch.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I DON:T KNOW NSC MEANS> YES I WAS IN AIR FORCE AND NAVY I NEVER GOT ANY RECORDS EVER ALL THIS I HAVE I ONLY GOT IN 2002 . VA ALWAYS STATED NO RECORDS FOUND. THE 1993 RADING WAS FOUND IN FILE SENT TO ME IN 2002 . VA NEVER SENT ME ANYTHING RATING STATED REOPEN CASE S_C FOR HEARING RATING IS DATED 11-4-93 THIS IS ARUHORIZED REQUEST VA EXAM FOR RADIATION EXPOSURE M21-1 PAPT 111 CHAPTER 5 REQUEST ALL RECORDS I OPEND A CLAIM IN1978 VA SENT IT BACK NO RECORDS FOUND RADING OF 1993 STATES JURISDICTION_REOPEN CLAIM. VA DID NOTHING JUST DUMPED IT WITH MY RECORDS HOPING I WOULD IWOULD I WILL DIE BEFORE I FOUND OUT > HOW CAN THEY DO THIS ALL THESE YEARS I HAVE COMPENSATION AND DON:T EVEN KNOW IT?

Frank -NSC means non-service connected-

but it sounds like you believe they gave you an award- a service connected rating?

but you never found out? I dont put anything past them-but where did they mail the comp checks?

I suggest Frank- that you go to:

http://www.archives.gov/ and click on Military Service Records-

and you can fill out the SF 180 forms right on line or print out the form.You will need one for each branch and make sure that you sign the bar code thing that you need to print out one for each request.

And then mail where they say to---- this is if you feel there may be more service records available to you.

I would not wait for these records to file the claim,however.

Guest frank
THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I DON:T KNOW NSC MEANS> YES I WAS IN AIR FORCE AND NAVY I NEVER GOT ANY RECORDS EVER ALL THIS I HAVE I ONLY GOT IN 2002 . VA ALWAYS STATED NO RECORDS FOUND. THE 1993 RADING WAS FOUND IN FILE SENT TO ME IN 2002 . VA NEVER SENT ME ANYTHING RATING STATED REOPEN CASE S_C FOR HEARING RATING IS DATED 11-4-93 THIS IS ARUHORIZED REQUEST VA EXAM FOR RADIATION EXPOSURE M21-1 PAPT 111 CHAPTER 5 REQUEST ALL RECORDS I OPEND A CLAIM IN1978 VA SENT IT BACK NO RECORDS FOUND RADING OF 1993 STATES JURISDICTION_REOPEN CLAIM. VA DID NOTHING JUST DUMPED IT WITH MY RECORDS HOPING I WOULD IWOULD I WILL DIE BEFORE I FOUND OUT > HOW CAN THEY DO THIS ALL THESE YEARS I HAVE COMPENSATION AND DON:T EVEN KNOW IT?
THANK YOU AGAIN> THE RATING OF 1993 IS NOT A NOC THIS IS A UTHORIZED TO SERVICE CONNECT ME FOR HEARING LOSS > RATING STATS REOPEN CLAM: A CLAIM I OPENED IN 1978. VA NEVER GOT IN TOUCH WITH ME ABOUT THIS RADING. IN 1994 I AM GIVING A NOC. I ALSO HAVE COPY OF MEDICAL RECORDS FROM NAVY STATING CONDITIONS I DON:T HAVE. A VA DOCTOR GIVES ME A EXAM AND HE STATES THE SAME THING AS NAVY IN 1994 NO MATTER WHAT WHAT RIGHT DOES VA HAVE TO KEEP ANY INFORMATION FROM ME . IS THERE A LAW SOMEWHERE THAT WOULD APPLY TO THIS? THIS HAS BEENING GOING ON A LONG TIME I KNOW I DON:T HAVE A HEART CONDITION BUT THE NAVY AND THE VA DR CLAIM I DO . ON TOP OF THIS WHOLE MESS VA STATES NO RECORDS FOUND . BUT THE RECORDS WERE FOUND FROM VA SENDING ME RECORDS I ASKED FOR ALL RECORDS WERE THERE STILL VA STATS NO RECORDS FOUND

Guest frank

I DO HAVE SERVICR RECORD FROM NAVY NEVY RECORDS SHOW of smr state from 1952-1956 negative for any treatment or diagnosis of any cardiovasculat disease. the smr also state the current va exam indicates the veteran from hyperttansive carrrrdiovascular disease possible OLD lateral wall myocardial infarrtion IN 1994 va exam states the same report as no medical records are found in 46-49 i assume this came in air force time va states medical records were burnted in fire as the fire was in 73 i find that strange as they have medical records from navy. i have never recevied any compasatoin for this . the only compensation i ever got was 100% in2002 for ptsd i read you quite and i am going to apply 1151 rating in 93 was never sent to me.in 1994 i get a statment from va i am 100% non service connected bu t i make to much money 23000 per year but i can apply for food stamps. in 1991 i receive ss for unemployable i file a claim i am denied even with the ssrecords va states i can work this unemployable is from uss wasp shoulder socked was oulled from lifting heavy equipment throwing overborard to the men in water i hope i can get va on 1151 II did not receive i penny from va until 2005. Also can you tell the ratings of 46-49 and 52-56 I WILL APPLY FOR THOSE YEARS I MISSED OUT on I really thank you for your intrest to help me I think i have i have some one else records what would happen in a case like that?