VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shots Versus Patches

Rate this topic

Carolyn,

I had non-Hodgkin back in 99 and the chemo screwed me up per doctors. I am now in remission. I found out I had it while shaving one morning. I noticed an egg shape lump on my upper neck.It was removed and it was cancer.

As for my claim; I was stationed in Korea in an unit not on the list. I have provided buddy letters stating the storage and use of AO at my unit as well as background on the purpose of my unit etc. My complaint is they have never provided me with how AO came in country nor where it was stored and distributed from. A friend checked with DOD on the same subject and they couldn't or wouldn't give him an answer either. He just hired a lawyer and was told there was a case in the Midwest which could help hopefully. If I get turned down again then that will be my next step.

Thanks for all your input. vet12

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vet1

E was blessed enough to have a dr friend who ran a cat scan on him, 'cause the VA was taking too long to get to it. They were called lipomas but since he has AO Diabetes were always scared those lumps will turn into something else. Was the case out west an appeal also or a case or claim that someone won? That should be listed under BVA case appeals. It's a funny dang thing that they knew about AO exposure to other units yet you weren't exposed even though you helped distribute it right? You should be given the benefit of the doubt, but you know the government, you have to connect those dots! How strong were your buddy letters? Just asking.

Carolyn

Hey guys, E is on his third day of his new prescription of testosterone gel called Testim 1%. I guess time will tell, I just hope this will give him more energy. The only thing we notice is that this gel has a faint smell of some kinda perfume? Since E has asthma I sure hope this doesn't cause any breathing problems. He's really sensitive to perfume smells. So far no rashes, breathing problems, or fast heart rhythms. We'll keep you all informed in case anybody has similar problems. Your friends.

E and Carolyn

Carolyn,

Not sure if the case was won or not. My buddy who told me about it has cancer himself so I really don't want to add any more on his plate. He didn't seem to know so I dropped it. Take care of E and good luck with the meds.

vet12

• 2 weeks later...

Guys keep your fingers crossed we think the Testim 1% testosterone is going to work. Just believe it will take a little longer to reach better levels. Energy levels are a little better. Perfume smell is not bothering his asthma.

Carolyn