VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthvet

Rate this question

mssoup1

Question

I have heard that veterans are having trouble getting into and logging on to MyHealthVet. I went in this morning to refill my husbands prescriptions and didn't have any trouble at all. They have changed everything around, so you have to look at the screen to figure out what you need to click on to go where you want to go.

For those of you having problems, this is what I did to get my husbands prescriptions refilled:

Go to www.myhealth.va.gov

In the circled box on the right side of the page that reads "Go to my Healthvet", click on this.

Enter your User Id and password on the right side of the page

This logs you in

Click at the top of the page on "Pharmacy"

On the next screen click on the right side of the page that states "RX Refill"

On the next screen click on the left side of the page that states "Refill Prescriptions"

I ordered his prescriptions, submitted the request and printed it out and had no problems.

Hope this helps for anyone who needs it.

mssoup1

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I have heard that veterans are having trouble getting into and logging on to MyHealthVet. I went in this morning to refill my husbands prescriptions and didn't have any trouble at all. They have changed everything around, so you have to look at the screen to figure out what you need to click on to go where you want to go.

For those of you having problems, this is what I did to get my husbands prescriptions refilled:

Go to www.myhealth.va.gov

In the circled box on the right side of the page that reads "Go to my Healthvet", click on this.

Enter your User Id and password on the right side of the page

This logs you in

Click at the top of the page on "Pharmacy"

On the next screen click on the right side of the page that states "RX Refill"

On the next screen click on the left side of the page that states "Refill Prescriptions"

I ordered his prescriptions, submitted the request and printed it out and had no problems.

Hope this helps for anyone who needs it.

mssoup1

I think that I read sometime back that they were going to give the name of the drug or drugs that you were reordering but I didn't see the name of the drugs anywhere yesterday while I was in the site. It sure would help...instead of looking at the Rx #'s and then having to search your medicine bottles or your list that is if you make one out....It sure would help if they were to name the medications on the reorder page.

Railroader

• HadIt.com Elder

I guess after the SSA disaster we will never be able to download our medical records from myhealth.

I don't understand how all these banks, mortgage companies, stock brokers, employers, etc. can allow a person to access all types of information on your accounts in a secure mode and not seem to have major problems, yet the VA cannot even allow veterans to have access to any information that pertains to them. It would really be nice to even be able to access the RO and get the status of your claim yourself. Then, those that are answering all those phones with veterans asking for this type of information could then be trained to process claims instead. No personal information would need to be sent via the internet. A veteran could just type in his claim number and would be allowed to have access to the screens that the reps at the VA look at which would basically show the status of your claim. No other information (personal) would be needed on the information accessed.

Also, I don't understand either why they did not include the prescription name to the information you access through HealthVet. If someone, other than the veteran, was able to access another persons HealthVet information, then just a prescription name would be immaterial at that point anyway. But then again, we are talking about the Government and how they work. Can't allow me access to my own information, but can allow an employee to let thousands of veterans personal information to be stolen. Really does make a lot of sense, doesn't it?

mssoup1