VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Running Out Of Meds

Rate this topic

How do I resolve an issue of running out of my meds refills before my next dr. appointment??

Most of my meds say do not stop suddenly stop due to advers side effects.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Call your PCP and the him/her that you are going to run out. I have the same problem with pain meds every month and with Crestor. With the pain meds I have to call ambulatory pain clinic. They give me just barely enough to get me though the month. Not one extra pill or patch. I am calling the pain clinic right now trying to get someone to speak to me.

How do I resolve an issue of running out of my meds refills before my next dr. appointment??

Most of my meds say do not stop suddenly stop due to advers side effects.

bandido,

Something that I've learned about the VAMC mail out pharmacy in St Pete Fl. is,

the day after I receive my meds in the mail - I go ahead and call in the next batch.

The recording will tell me, that med is not yet due for renewal - but will be mailed out

the first day it is due for renewal.

Hope that makes sense.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a pain in the buttocks but if you are about to run out go to ER at VA and or go to your PCP Clinic and tell the clerks you are running out of meds and they will fix it. It used to happen to me all the time till I finally got it straightened out at pharmacy.

Most clinics have someone from pharmacy that hides in the back of the clinic. Sometimes they can help.

• HadIt.com Elder

bandido,

Some meds you can ask your Dr to prescribe a 90 day supply.

For pain meds, mark on your calendar the day you recieve your meds. Than mark two weeks from than to call in and reorder the pain meds.

Calling to soon after you recieve them, "MAY" make them think that you run out to soon and are taking more than prescribed or selling them.

Everything except pain meds can be ordered at the,"My Healthy Vet" online site. I order all my meds except pain meds through this site & have never had any problem recieving them on time.

You can also see what you have ordered in the past and what is about to expire on the site.

Hope this helps.

Allan