VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Nehmer Coordinator

Rate this question

Berta

Question

In trying to a status on my CUE claim, which was an exercise in futility,(it is in 3 separate places per VA -in PA, DC and Togus Maine per their PC- maybe Buffalo farmed it out)

I asked what the PC said regarding my new AO IHD claim ( hoping they in fact could verify they got it).

They received it and sent it already to the "head of the Nehmer Coordinators" in Philadelphia and said I could expect a letter soon.

Anyone else here told anything like that?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got a call from my RO this A.M. Lady informed me that my Nehmer review packet was being mailed today. She also said my claim had been reviewed and if granted, retro would be paid back to 2006.

Well I am glad for you guys getting the packets and just waiting on my end.

Guess it will happen when it happens.

Anyone want to share what might these sold called packets hold. Also I sure hope those that get them are making copies to keep before sending back?

It is a letter informing you your claim is being reviewed as a Nehmer claim. It is also a VCAA to provide more evidence to support your claim. It is also a dependent status update. Names addresses of your children also birthdates etc. We were to mail it back to the Nehmer Division in Muskogee Ok. Kept copies of everything and mailed it return receipt. Marriage license and birth certificates were turned in at the time of the filing of the original claim in 2006. My husband has not been called in for a C&P. Maybe because he has a AICD implant and that may be all the evidence they need??? He also got another VCAA informing him there is a TDIU filed on his behalf and a C&P exam for his hearing which is currently 10%. I think Muskogee is one the RO's that is handling Nehmer Claims.

It is a letter informing you your claim is being reviewed as a Nehmer claim. It is also a VCAA to provide more evidence to support your claim. It is also a dependent status update. Names addresses of your children also birthdates etc. We were to mail it back to the Nehmer Division in Muskogee Ok. Kept copies of everything and mailed it return receipt. Marriage license and birth certificates were turned in at the time of the filing of the original claim in 2006. My husband has not been called in for a C&P. Maybe because he has a AICD implant and that may be all the evidence they need??? He also got another VCAA informing him there is a TDIU filed on his behalf and a C&P exam for his hearing which is currently 10%. I think Muskogee is one the RO's that is handling Nehmer Claims.

Thanks Donna, I guess that is for the guys who were denied in the past and never connected after that denial? I was denied in 03 and appealled and denied again in 04. Had heart attack in 05 and granted SC secondary to DM2 but date was set as only the date of heart attack. My claim is specific in it is for an earlier effective date based on Nehmer and IHd being added to the Agent Orange list.

being SC already and just moved to 100% mine has been I am told at the raters. I am hoping for a start date of at least 04 but 03 would be great and in my eyes correct.

My attack occurred at age 55 but in 02 I was told to take it easy and had a LVE of 50% at age 51yrs.

In my husband's denial letter of 2006, it states he did claim IHD/CAD, he is confirmed as being diagnosed with this disease and does habe a defibrillator implant. It states he claimed it was due to AO exposure and they confirm he did serve in Viet Nam and is presumed to be exposed. It was denied in 2006 for not being SC. The claim is now being reviewed under Nehmer. The TDIU was inferred which should be moot since the AICD should warrant a 100% rating...we will see. If the rating comes back less than 100%, he wil be filing a NOD not a TDIU. TDIU is now being inferred if the evidence submitted indicates the Veteran in unemployable due to his SC illness.