VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Nehmer Coordinator

Rate this question

Berta

Question

In trying to a status on my CUE claim, which was an exercise in futility,(it is in 3 separate places per VA -in PA, DC and Togus Maine per their PC- maybe Buffalo farmed it out)

I asked what the PC said regarding my new AO IHD claim ( hoping they in fact could verify they got it).

They received it and sent it already to the "head of the Nehmer Coordinators" in Philadelphia and said I could expect a letter soon.

Anyone else here told anything like that?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

I got the same email you got from NVSLP. I am service connected for heart condition secondary to AO DMII. I don't know where this leaves me. I always get to do things the hard way. I was SC'ed back in 2008, but I wanted to add my name to the case. I don't know what the heck the difference might be except I would have free standing primary claim for AO IHD I suppose. I made the original claim back in 2007 but had to appeal a 0% rating to get to 60%.

John - I think the benefit would be if there is any possible retro due to you if the VA ever denied you in the past for IHD and then would have to pay you retro back to the claim date that was denied.

And for any vet with a TDIU or 100% rating of something independent of IHD, it could kick in SMC "S" award as retro.

I don't understand why my AO claim is at Phila instead of Muskegee but maybe because I am AO surviving widow.???

If these are form emails from NVLSP , it does concern me that they state the process might be "lengthy"=at least that is what mine said.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

The VA did award me 0% for CAD before I got 60%. Maybe that means something. I already claimed SMC "S" since I am total plus over 60%. I want to see if my VARO even recognizes Bradley v Peake.