VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hitting A Wall With Gabapentin And Meloxicam

Rate this topic

I take 1200 mg gaba and 7.5 mg meloxicam every day. Since I started ive noticed that at two times of the day-around noon-1 oclock and around 4-6 oclock I get really drowsy at work. I come home and almost every day after i hit teh door at 530-600 and say hi, how was your day and talk to the kids I end up crashing for between 1-2 hours.

Does anyone else have dips like this on either of these? I wasn't doing it before I started taking them.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Dosages and times are important for gabapentin. It really is only effective for 6 to 8 hours. I take 1200 x 3 a day. We are all different you really need to talk to your Doc and get a handle on what is needed.

I take 1200 mg gaba and 7.5 mg meloxicam every day. Since I started ive noticed that at two times of the day-around noon-1 oclock and around 4-6 oclock I get really drowsy at work. I come home and almost every day after i hit teh door at 530-600 and say hi, how was your day and talk to the kids I end up crashing for between 1-2 hours.

Does anyone else have dips like this on either of these? I wasn't doing it before I started taking them.

I also was prescribed Gabapentine-started at 3---than 600 mgs. This was prescribed for my feet pain neurophy, since I am also taking atenol 100 mg daily for blood pressure Iwas in lala land. I stopped taking the GAp as I could't stay awake at work. I rather put up with feet on fire than living on the street cause I would fall asleep at work and get fired. Funny thing the VA tried to charge me a co-pay for this medicine for my feet as have a sevice connection for foot pain-not neurophy-I am fighting that. I get 50% that can't charge any co-payments for any non service connection. Funny thing though this neuroligical disability is something the VA is trying to rate me as the foot doctor says that what I have.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA pain clinic is putting me on Topomax. I complained that the damn fentanyl was doing nothing. They tell me that I will feel much better when they get me off the narcotics. I will feel much better when I get my hands around one of those doctor's necks. The VA is just not worth it. The care is not fit for my dog. I have been on all their pain meds and I am worse off today than when I started using the VA clinic. They lie to my face about the drugs they prescribe. I know why they prescribe this or that drug. It is just due to the cost and bad press. I am going to find a private source for pain treatments. The VA is beyond bad. The place is just a charity hospital and place for lab rats. The VAMC in Tampa is dirty and the people who work their are dirty, slow and rude. Oh, and what else, it stinks. I was there today for 4 hours and I am not going back except to see my shrink.