VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Granted, But Not On Appealed Tdiu

Rate this question

marl00

Question

This week we received confirmation, approval on getting SSDI going back to last summer. (ss approval letter arrived yesterday)

Lots happening this week. According to ebenefits,va,gov, a decision was made too.

We believe we are getting a rejection for TDiU from the VA this week or early next week. (we filed for ptsd increase and also filed for tdiu, Jan, 2010.) Today, VA, according to (ebenefits,va,gov access) said a decision was made. We phoned and no more info is available and we have to wait for the mail. They said no more info on phone is available and we just have to wait for mail. argggghhhh.

But back to question, once I get the denial in the mail for Tdiu and NOW with the approval from Soc Sec for SSDi, can I take it to the VA and appeal the denial decision for TDiU? even bigger question: what should i state in my appeal letter? and what forms? yes, I will attach the approval letter.

Can anyone assure us that we will get Tdiu now with SSDi approval?

right now I am at 70% ptsd and 20% knee. combined: 80%.

In Jan 2010, we filed for increase for ptsd and altho we filed earlier for Tdiu in June, 2009. We were increased from 50>70 but rejected for tdiu.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Please and thank you.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Well deserved, I'm sure. Congratulations!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats, a good week for sure.

This success will require a double dance, but if you would just post short video of the family doing the bird....we all would most appreciate it....Im just saying.