VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information Request

Rate this question

VNVetwife

Question

Can anyone please explain what 100% Schedular is ,,and how is that different from P%T or TDIU or IU.??? How do each effect benefits ,monthly pay and medical benefits.?? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you don't file now you could be losing money. When he filed for an increase for PTSD what did the C & P exam state? I am thinking because he was awarded SSDI based on his PTSD and DMII, VA 'should" increase his claim and that will help also. Do you have a copy of the PTSD C & P exam that you can post the; diagnosis , medical opinion? Cover all personal information.

If you don't file now you could be losing money. When he filed for an increase for PTSD what did the C & P exam state? I am thinking because he was awarded SSDI based on his PTSD and DMII, VA 'should" increase his claim and that will help also. Do you have a copy of the PTSD C & P exam that you can post the; diagnosis , medical opinion? Cover all personal information.

No ,,we don't have a copy of C&P test for PTSD nor DMII.......... He was awarded SSD on IHD,, that form from SSA I mentioned below in my post it said Ischrmic Heart Disease ,,and hypertension......,, ,,not PTSD ,nor DMII ........I'm sorry If I confused you . He had heart attack in 2005,,,,,,developed DMII in 2006 ,,because DMII was on Agent Orange list ,,he filed for DMII and PTSD,,because he has always been bothered by nightmares ,,depression,,anxiety,,he just never would go to VA for help,,he wouldn't have then but had to after he had to stop working ,because he wouldn't have insurance to help with meds.,,doctor etc....... I think the way I'm going about this is what is confussing......He didn't file for IHD in 2006 because it wasn't on Agent Orange list of presumptive diseases........Last fall when Secretary Shenseki of the VA said he was going to add IHD to the AO list of presumptive diseases..tha's when my husband went and filed for IHD ......We got a copy of the C&P test for IHD ,,we are hoping for a pretty good rating on that and maybe that will quailify him for IU,, because right now he doesn't have enough percentage...........I have been reading on here where some are going ahead and filing for IU even though they haven't been rated on some of their pending claims. and don't have enough percentage,, some are saying to go ahead,,now......We aren't sure what to do .,,we were afraid that that might interfere with the claim thats already in .................Thanks for replying to my post and to any comments you might have on this.

Yes this may delay the process of the IHD claim but I am thinking that since he was awarded SSDI for PTSD and DMII, filing a TDIU claim is asking VA to increase his ratings for his PTSD and DMII. VA "should' increase this based on the SSDI award. Of course you maybe looking at another nine months to a year but the effective date will be the date that he files. If you wait once VA makes a decision on the IHD claim, then you file a TDIU claim, VA will then review the evidence to determine if he should get an increase in his PTSD and DMII ratings. Even though it is adding more time, by filing now the effective date could be the same date he filed the IHD claim

I Hope This Makes Sense

Yes this may delay the process of the IHD claim but I am thinking that since he was awarded SSDI for PTSD and DMII, filing a TDIU claim is asking VA to increase his ratings for his PTSD and DMII. VA "should' increase this based on the SSDI award. Of course you maybe looking at another nine months to a year but the effective date will be the date that he files. If you wait once VA makes a decision on the IHD claim, then you file a TDIU claim, VA will then review the evidence to determine if he should get an increase in his PTSD and DMII ratings. Even though it is adding more time, by filing now the effective date could be the same date he filed the IHD claim

I Hope This Makes Sense

Thank You for replying to my post ,,we will check on this at our local VA office,,where he has filed all his claims at .I appreciate all the information you have given us ,,,,,,Thanks Again ..............I have learned so much on these forums ,,I'm so glad I found these Veterans forums because my husband didn't start with any kind of help from VA until 2006 ,,we have found out so much about the different kind of benefits that VA offers to Veterans.We didn't even know about IU ,,P&T until I found these forums and started reading about them................I thank everyone on here for everyone's comments ans advise................... Thanks to all of you for being so nice and imformative.