VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information Request

Rate this question

VNVetwife

Question

Can anyone please explain what 100% Schedular is ,,and how is that different from P%T or TDIU or IU.??? How do each effect benefits ,monthly pay and medical benefits.?? Thanks in advance for any information anyone can give.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My husband is 30%PTSD and 20% DMII,,,Also has a claim in for IHD ,,just waiting on ratings and when V A get ok from the CRA to start paying comp,for it ........Pretty sure he wll get a 60% rating on IHD because of EF 45%.,,,,,I believe this would quailify him for IU ,,but what would be the chance for P&T ??,,since that would also give more benefits such as ChampVA, for Me and our disabled son,,that has been disabled all of his life .Any information on this would be appreciated.........Thanks in advance

Can someone give me an answer ,to my comment above ???

Your husband would need a statement from a doctor stating that he can not work due to his service connected disabilities. If your husband can get this statement now, it could greatly help his chances of getting an increase in his disabilities.

Your husband would need a statement from a doctor stating that he can not work due to his service connected disabilities. If your husband can get this statement now, it could greatly help his chances of getting an increase in his disabilities.

He already draws SSD ,,has been since 2006,, when he had to come out of work .....He went to SSA and got a form #SSA-2458 , {someone on another Vets forum told us to go get } , to send in for his claim on IHD. Do you think this would be as good as a statement from doctor for applying for IU ???? .....He no longer goes to his private doctor,, because after he had to come out of work in 2006 ,,he started going to VA doctors,,because we lost our health insurance through his work.,,thats when he applied for DMII and PTSD . ....He also went and applied for SSD and was approved for that a few months later..... His heart attack was in 2005. We sent all of his private doctors records in when he filed for DMII and PTSD ,,but didn't file on IHD because it wasn"t on AO list. ...When he got award letter granting him sc compensation for DMII and PTSD,,..they referred to his MI he had in 2005,, but they said they couldn't give comp.for that secondary to DMII because MI predated DMII. ...............Thank You for replying to my post ........Any comments on any of this will be appreciated, ,,,,,,Thanks in advance for comments.

He already draws SSD ,,has been since 2006,, when he had to come out of work .....He went to SSA and got a form #SSA-2458 , {someone on another Vets forum told us to go get } ,that form tells what they SSA finds you disabled on ,,his said Ischemic Heart Disease.,,he got it to send in for his claim on IHD. Do you think this would be as good as a statement from doctor for applying for IU ???? .....He no longer goes to his private doctor,, because after he had to come out of work in 2006 ,,he started going to VA doctors,,because we lost our health insurance through his work.,,thats when he applied for DMII and PTSD . ....He also went and applied for SSD and was approved for that a few months later..... His heart attack was in 2005. We sent all of his private doctors records in when he filed for DMII and PTSD ,,but didn't file on IHD because it wasn"t on AO list. ...When he got award letter granting him sc compensation for DMII and PTSD,,..they referred to his MI he had in 2005,, but they said they couldn't give comp.for that secondary to DMII because MI predated DMII. ...............Thank You for replying to my post ........Any comments on any of this will be appreciated, ,,,,,,Thanks in advance for comments.

Since your husband has already been awarded SSDI, it is a very good chance of getting TDIU. Has he filed the TDIU form, since the SSA awarded him SSDI for his PTSD and DMII, VA may or may not fight the claim for TDIU but he "should" eventually win.

Here is the form:

http://www.vba.va.go...21-8940-ARE.pdf

How close is his current claim to be rated?

Edited by pacmanx1

Since your husband has already been awarded SSDI, it is a very good chance of getting TDIU. Has he filed the TDIU form, since the SSA awarded him SSDI for his PTSD and DMII, VA may or may not fight the claim for TDIU but he "should" eventually win.

Here is the form:

http://www.vba.va.go...21-8940-ARE.pdf

How close is his current claim to be rated?

He hasn't applied for IU yet....He's waiting on claim on IHD ,,its one of the new 3 presumptive diseases on Agent Orange list ,,it has just came out of the OMB ,,now it has got to go before CRA ,,{Congress Review} ,before VA can start paying on claims ,,everyone's claim on IHD associated with AO is on hold until Congress reviews and approves.........This is why I'm wondering if he should wait to see what his ratings will be on IHD ,,{because right now he is only at 40% total for both DMII and PTSD} ,,by VA math ,,even though in award letter PTSD is 30% DMII 20% ,,that would be 50% in our math ,,but not VA's math,,,,,or go ahead and file for IU???