VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Oxycodone

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In the 1990's the VA suspended Ativan as it was expensive when compared to its cousin Xanax. At one time both were more or less the same price until the manufacturer upped the price.

Its part of the games that are played by major pharmaceuticals and the VA

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a long talk with the head doctor of the Tampa VA Pain clinic. She says from studies that deaths from accidental over dose due to combination of drugs like valium and xanax and any narcotic is an epidemic. She says that VA's formulary is so restricted that she can't do what she knows is right. She says that all pain clinic patients are started off on morphine. What a joke! All the newer long acting pain killers are not in the formulary. You go from some morphine equivalent to stronger doses until you time-out in the system and they start over. All the VA pain doctors at my VAMC believe narcotics increase pain for those with chronic pain disorder. My question is what the heck do they have to offer besides PT? The answer is nothing. What kind of treatment are the guys just home from the wars getting? Do they get high class aspirin? Do they get the same kind of oral morphine I got? That would be really unkind.