VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Hearing

Rate this question

Joe01

Question

Im just writing because I just found out that I have been schedule for two DRO hearing's (one for PTSD and the other for neck and back) on the same date. Now, I dont know what to expect or even what to do when I go for my hearings. Do I need to bring any kind of paperwork and what should I expect...On my appeal for neck and back, i had a C&P exam not to long ago, im currently rated 10% each and really dont expect this to increase because i have no loss of range of motion, even know I deal with pain and other issues every day. On PTSD Im rated at 30% and havent work for about a year now due to this and back and neck disabilities. I havent been schedule for a 2nd C&P exam for my PTSD, Just had the initial C&P done and I was working at that time. I was approved SSDI not too long ago due to SC disabilities. What should I expect from this DRO hearing? How should I prepare myself for it?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Im just writing because I just found out that I have been schedule for two DRO hearing's (one for PTSD and the other for neck and back) on the same date.

Joe01,

Something above sure does not sound right at all.

Joe01,

Something above sure does not sound right at all.

I have two different appeals; one for back and neck disabilities and the other for PTSD. They schedule both hearings on the same day instead of having them in different days. Hope that helps

• HadIt.com Elder

You will go to the VARO and see your Veteran Service Officer and within 30 minutes you will probably be in a hearing. Expect to be treated with respect and if you have evidence its a good time to give it and explain your claim to the DRO. They will record it and are supposed to send you a transcript. Don't expect a good transcript but it should have most of what is said.

If you can take your spouse or a loved one this can help your claim. Anyone who speaks has to be sworn.

Good Luck

"I was approved SSDI not too long ago due to SC disabilities"

Make sure the VA is aware of that and will obtain the SSA records.If I were you I would certainly bring the SSA award to the hearing.

"So is basically me telling them why I think I deserve a higher rating." Right- so any evidence you have (that might have been generated prior to the hearing and after their last SOC should be brought to this hearing and put into the record.

PS I would bring copy of the SOC that this hearing involves as well.

If you did not formally respond to the SOC (or you did but they didn't acknowledge the response), make sure you bring anything that could prove the SOC was incorrect as to their decision.

It sounds to me as though the same DRO is handling all of your issues and maybe they are combining 2 hearings into one???

It helps to have your evidence and pertinent documents (like the SSA award)in tabbed manila folders and to have a Evidence list you can refer to (which also has a tabbed evidence folder and a copy of it for the DRO.

Also if someone can attend with you they could handle the tabbed manila folders and give them to you as you need them.

If you separate their last decision and then maybe have a manila folder for copy of their last C & P, then the SSA info in another folder, and lets say they did not consider more recent PTSD treatment records and those could be in a manila folder- etc - this all takes a little time to set up

but it makes it so much easier to find something you do not want them to overlook.

"I was approved SSDI not too long ago due to SC disabilities" I cannot determine if you mean the PTSD and if you already have SC for the back and neck or if not, you have probative evidence for service connection and an established nexus for it.

In that case- if I were you I would immediately give the DRO a filled out TDIU form and keep copy of it too.

Check Yes to # 18 and under # 25 Remarks, refer them to additional page,with yor name, address, C file number on it and state what the SSA award is for and tell them of any side affects of your meds that render you unemployable and if Voc Rehab ever turned you down due to your SC, tell them that too.State anything else they need to know as to how your SCs render you unemployable.