VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Called My House

Rate this question

Woody7810

Question

I have 2 claims waiting to be rated ( before rating board as of 08 / 2010) and a claim on appeal to be called by the BVA.

All of my C & P exams was finished in May 2010. VA called my house today to schedule a C & P exam for a claimed which was denied in the past. This is the same claim waiting to go before the Board. This appealed was filed in 02 / 2009.

Is it normal for them to call me at home to schedule and exam? All of my other exams appts were made by the hospital and they told me when to come in a letter.

Thanks, Woody

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It is not really normal but I would sure as heck attend the exam. The VARO should send you a letter for the exam. This way you get paid for milage also.

With the large number of claims pending the VA has begun to do a lot of telephone development. It has always been an options, as it saves time for the veterans.

It do decrease the time we veterans have to sit and wait for a decision.

The hardest time we have from the posting I have seen is not knowing what the VA is doing.

The idea of not knowing what is going on causes more stress and when you need help, You Need Help!

We Leave No One Behind!!

Yes I have been called a couple of times in the past from them to set up C&P's.

Now if this C&P is for the issue you have before the BVA on appeal. I see this as a good thing! Many times appeals get in front of the BVA and have to be remanded for a C&P. This really gums up the works. Also not to get your hopes up but if your claim is still at the RO and waiting to be certified to the BVA the RO also takes a look at it to see if they can grant it at the RO.

All of this is a good thing and shows movement.

I have an appeal in waiting to be certified at my RO that has been there since June 09. Wish it would move!

I think stillhere is correct on this-

When the VA transfers a claim to the BVA they have to prepare a 1-8 with a check list as to what steps were taken during development.

The I-8 has a check list -did the veteran receive a VCAA Letter ,was all relevant evidence considered?,stuff lke that and surely was a C & P exam performed?I forget what it asks-

If this claim went to the BVA without a proper C & P exam, the VA had violated your rights.

As the remand stats show -(and my my past claim) the VA will check yes to stuff they didnt do and as stillhere says, that is a biog part of the backlog due to remands.

I too think this is a good thing for you as without the C & P your clam would have been in the system much longer without it.

There seems to be a subtle change I have noticed in the past year regarding some of the ways VA is changing their MOS.

In my opinion.

I recently got 3 different status of my SMC CUE claim-they said it was in 3 different places at once ???-but something changed.

It was set to be transferred to the BVA but I reminded them again recently they cannot prepare the 1-8 without considering my legal evidence which they have failed to consider since July 2004.

Also I reminded them the CUE is interwoven with my AO IHD claim.

But they might send the CUE to the BVA anyhow regardless of what I tell them.

But I think the new claim will force them to bring it back.

The new claim, with a proper decision, will render it a moot issue anyhow.

My recent claim filed on Aug 2,2010, has already gone to a Nehmer coordinator (Aug 16th).

That fast movement stunned me.