Ads Keep HadIt.com Online. Consider Turning Off Ad Blockers to Keep HadIt.com Online! ×

Tdiu And P&t ?'s.

10thFO

Question

I had a letter from my Doc yesterday stating that I was Permanently Unemployable due to the combination of all my issues, most specifically Lower Back Pain and Nueropathy into Legs, Feet, and Arms from a Neck Claim that was denied a couple years ago, but I haven't reopened with my New Evidence because I've needed this money so bad I just NOD "de novo review" last month for IU. Also because of the PTSD, and the opiates I am on for pain management.

I read in the CFR or USC (can't remember which) that before the VARO can determine someone is P&T that they are supposed to send them to Vocational Rehab for an assesment. Since my statements of unemployability were in response to the Vocational Rehab shouldn't that automatically be granted as P&T. I realize that would be and are, well, ain't the same, but just curious, I know the VARO routinely grants P&T based on Dr's statements without the VOC REhab, but being 36 I figured they would send it to them for craps and giggles anyway. My counselor was writing up my statement today for unfeasible for unemployment and sending me a form to see if I wanted Independent Living Services to come into my home. Now I just have to see how long it takes to get my money. I'm glad I filed that NOD because that "should" give me back pay to November 2004 at 100% instead of the 70%. Oh the bills to be paid......

The main concern I have is getting P&T soon before they decide they are not going to award it anymore in light of all the new cost cutting going on. I'd really like to lock up my son's education. He's only 2 but by the time he is college age? Half a Million for college. Jeez. Plus I'd like to get it sooner than later in case I croak in the next 10 years.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

10thFO

I would request P&T immediately based on your medical condition. Don't wait especially with what is going on with the GAO and the VDBC. You can just write the VA a letter and request it. They might treat is as a new claim and again they might not.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines