VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is 54.64 Equal To 50% Or 60%?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I just received an increase from 10% to 20 % effective 1 Nov 2008 which increased my rating from 48.97% to 54.64% (50 or 60 percent?). Then, in the same letter they increased that same injury from 20% to 40% effective 4 March 2010 which takes me to 65.98%. So, is 54.64 equal to 50% or 60%?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Edited by pilgrim01

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What are your service connected disabilities ratings? Just give whole numbers, you can use the combined rating chart to figure it out easier.

Before the increase, I was 30, 10, 10, 10 = 48.97% (50%). Then, with the new increases, it went to 30, 20, 10, 10 = 54.64% (50% or 60%), and finally to 40, 30, 10, 10 = 65.98% (70%).

Before the increase, I was 30, 10, 10, 10 = 48.97% (50%). Then, with the new increases, it went to 30, 20, 10, 10 = 54.64% (50% or 60%), and finally to 40, 30, 10, 10 = 65.98% (70%).

according to the combined rating chart 30+20= 44+10=50+10 =55 and VA rounds off to 60%

• HadIt.com Elder

While we are on the subject, what screwy VA math is used for Bi-laterals? IE. 10% left, 10 % right. (If anyone remembers off the top of their head!)

I hate the M-21 indexing system, and my P/Cs search functions don't like it either.

Also, service connection was made for a "special schedule" item, but the the item was shown as 0% ??? (Didn't think that was still allowed)

Is the VA trying to get out of paying the "special schedule" amount? Or can a special schedule item result in compensation from the regular schedule as well when

it is covered by both? (I don't think so)

Another oddity from a statement of case very recently issued in the latter part of August 2010.

"will be addressed separately, based on the new A.O. legislation which has not yet been finally enacted."

(The "rule" was placed in the federal register August 31, but this is not "legislation", although it might be said that the rule has the effect of legislation.)

I believe someone at the VARO was trying to beat a deadline.

according to the combined rating chart 30+20= 44+10=50+10 =55 and VA rounds off to 60%

• HadIt.com Elder

While we are on the subject, what screwy VA math is used for Bi-laterals? IE. 10% left, 10 % right. (If anyone remembers off the top of their head!)

I hate the M-21 indexing system, and my P/Cs search functions don't like it either.

Also, service connection was made for a "special schedule" item, but the the item was shown as 0% ??? (Didn't think that was still allowed)

Is the VA trying to get out of paying the "special schedule" amount? Or can a special schedule item result in compensation from the regular schedule as well when

it is covered by both? (I don't think so)

Another oddity from a statement of case very recently issued in the latter part of August 2010.

"will be addressed separately, based on the new A.O. legislation which has not yet been finally enacted."

(The "rule" was placed in the federal register August 31, but this is not "legislation", although it might be said that the rule has the effect of legislation.)

I believe someone at the VARO was trying to beat a deadline.

I think 10 for left and 10 for right would equal 2% bilateral.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received an increase from 10% to 20 % effective 1 Nov 2008 which increased my rating from 48.97% to 54.64% (50 or 60 percent?). Then, in the same letter they increased that same injury from 20% to 40% effective 4 March 2010 which takes me to 65.98%. So, is 54.64 equal to 50% or 60%?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

JMHO...54.64 would round down to 50.

" missed it by that much" [Maxwell Smart]

Edited by Commander Bob