VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is 54.64 Equal To 50% Or 60%?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I just received an increase from 10% to 20 % effective 1 Nov 2008 which increased my rating from 48.97% to 54.64% (50 or 60 percent?). Then, in the same letter they increased that same injury from 20% to 40% effective 4 March 2010 which takes me to 65.98%. So, is 54.64 equal to 50% or 60%?

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance.

Edited by pilgrim01

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

JMHO...54.64 would round down to 50.

" missed it by that much" [Maxwell Smart]

Here is a case when using the VA combined rating chart and using whole numbers really makes a difference. VA does not use decimal points in calculating the combined rating, so again it still adds to a total of 55 and VA should round up to 60%. Unless VA is using some type of bi-lateral mumbo jumbo math in the combined rating chart.

Pilgrim01, it may be best to contact VA and find out how they came up with their combined rating decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

Here is a case when using the VA combined rating chart and using whole numbers really makes a difference. VA does not use decimal points in calculating the combined rating, so again it still adds to a total of 55 and VA should round up to 60%. Unless VA is using some type of bi-lateral mumbo jumbo math in the combined rating chart.

Pilgrim01, it may be best to contact VA and find out how they came up with their combined rating decision.

Ditto...

It's rounded up to 60%. 54.6 rounds up to 55, which in turn is rounded to 60.

My husband held a 94.56 something rating, which brought him to 95 rounded, which rounded up to 100%.

You're at 60% by the skin of your teeth, but all that matters is that you're there!

• HadIt.com Elder

JMHO...54.64 would round down to 50.

" missed it by that much" [Maxwell Smart]

After researching this question more, with the limited info you first presented, and looking through the rating chart, and factoring your possible combined ratings, I stand corrected. JMHO... your 54.64 would round up to 60.

Saying that, this all is moot because your new final rating is 65.98%, so after you factor in the remaining new ratings you will receive a 70% rating.

Are you working? Have you considered IU?

After researching this question more, with the limited info you first presented, and looking through the rating chart, and factoring your possible combined ratings, I stand corrected. JMHO... your 54.64 would round up to 60.

Saying that, this all is moot because your new final rating is 65.98%, so after you factor in the remaining new ratings you will receive a 70% rating.

Are you working? Have you considered IU?

Commander Bob,

Yes, I am working. What is IU? Do I qualify for something specal now that I am at 70%?

Thanks, to all that responded!