VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Imo Letter

Rate this question

Geo4K

Question

Attached is my letter I got from my doc. I will use it to:

* Try to SC my headaches and vertigo. My initial claim for vertigo was denied, as they only looked at an old case of inner ear infection that resolved. Hopefully this will get them to take a better look. I will claim both of these secondary to the DDD that they SC at 10%. Should I file a new claim for the vertigo, since they denied the 1st one for an entirely different casue?

* I will also ask for an increase of the left shoulder that they SC at 0%.

Any tips on what to say on my form to support my claim?

Thanks for your time,

George

VA Letter 2 black.pdf

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It would be good if your IMO could quote an in-service DX that shows how the injury happened in the words of a doctor. What did the military dx you with before you were discharged? Did a military doctor say you hurt your neck on duty?

John, sorry, I missed your comment until now.

My MSR does cover my visit to the clinic for the injury. The term the Mil doc used was SLAMMED, not bumped! I'll make that clear on my C&P visit on the 27th of this month, and yes, it was while I was on duty.

Carlie, thanks, again!

George

i am doing alot of research on getting my IMO done and came across your letter. i was just wondering if your doctor attached any exhibits to your IMO?

thanks, mark

Attached is my letter I got from my doc. I will use it to:

* Try to SC my headaches and vertigo. My initial claim for vertigo was denied, as they only looked at an old case of inner ear infection that resolved. Hopefully this will get them to take a better look. I will claim both of these secondary to the DDD that they SC at 10%. Should I file a new claim for the vertigo, since they denied the 1st one for an entirely different casue?

* I will also ask for an increase of the left shoulder that they SC at 0%.

Any tips on what to say on my form to support my claim?

Thanks for your time,

George

I am not George but Dr. Bash attached his 12 page Curriculum Vitae to the first opinion he did for me.He also referenced Braunwald -the top med text on cardiology in addition to Harrison's Principles.

I had sent him many internet medical printouts to support my claim but his use of Braunwald was good enough.

Have you used the info in our IMO forum as to the criteria for IMOs?

I developed this criteria from 2 IMOs I got from Dr. Bash- a former VA doctor himself so he knows what to look for and state when doing these IMOs.

I sent him cover letters for each opinion request that specifically identified records and other documents he needed to read.

Of course he read everything I sent but this made it a little easier for him I am sure.

I also included all SOCs and C & P exam results.

My last 2 C&P's, I too did an extensive internet search and took along 22 well documented medical study's and case examples which I highlighted and also wrote out different opinion scenerios too...I became friends over 2+ years with the C & P staff and the medical director of this area. They knew I got shafted years before so they were willing to assist me with what should had been decided in my favor years before.( It probably helped that I am an RN too) Any way medical information that can be related to your diagnosis, condition, treatment, etc can be of significant value to your clain, if the diagnosis is the same or similar. Good luck with this.

BTW they did use alot of my reference material and put it in the exam material, and the VARO referenced the info as decision assistance with the granting of my 100% P T award!

Edited by halos2

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use