VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Advise

Rate this question

rodneyd1

Question

My health is not good and I have serval diagnosis Glomerulonephritis, bilateral hearing loss and glaucoma. I'm currently receiving 30% for the Glomerulonephritis and was denied the other claims in 2009. I appealed the and its currently being reviewed. The Glomerulonehritis was diagnosis during my service, the hearing loss and glaucoma did not manifest itself to 10 years later.

I'm hoping I will prevail with my claim for glaucoma with vision loss. My glaucoma is from recurrent irits (inflammation). My servie records show that I was treated for iritis 3x during my service. My doctor provided me with a letter stating that recurrent bouts of iritis led directly to Glaucoma. Does anyone think this is enough to be granted a claim for glaucoma with special monthly comp?

I'm working on gathering more medical facts leaking my other diagnosis to my service. My doctor thinks I may have Sacoidosis, which would explain the inflammation in my kidneys, hearing loss and glaucoma. The problem with the diagnosis is that my chest xray is normal. Has anyone had a diagnosis of Sarcoidosis with the above symptoms?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

"My service records show that I was treated for iritis 3x during my service"

Claim it, and glaucoma as secondary if the two are tied together.

Medical opinions, Medical references, etc. will be needed, and you may end up appealing.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000484.htm

Is a description by NIH of Glomerulonephritis and the various details.

Using the details, you may be able to determine an in service cause.

Edited by Chuck75