VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Drug For Sleepless Vets Raises Questions

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My doc added Seroquel to my regiment yesterday. He told me to only take it when my rage is just about to go out of control, then to take one. If I don't have the rage problem, I don't have to take them. I'm not sure what to think. Though if I start to feel I'm going over the edge I will take one. He said it will immediately take the edge off.

I was kind of relieved when he told me this would keep me from going over the edge. Pacing for hours seething with rage, is very hard on me and my blood pressure. It can be the smallest thing that sets me off. I want to be clear I'm not talking about anger, I'm talking about rage. I hope I don't have any problems with it. Wish me luck.

x

x

x

Good luck Tbird! If it works for the rage, please let me know, I could use something myself. HUGS! ~Wings

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

TBird,

I was going through rage and not able to sleep for up to three days for many yrs. Than they put me on Depakote for my bi-polar and busparone. I don't have the rage anymore. Still have insomnia. Only sleep around 4 hrs at a time at the most. I can sleep more if I take benadryl. But get so tired of adding another pill to my long list, I generally don't take it as long as I can atleast get 4 hrs.

Sorry to hear you experience this also. Rage is not good on your heart and blood pressure thats for sure. The only thing I've found to control it is medications. Folks can tell you that you can control it yourself and I know it doesn't work that way. Imbalance due to toxins or something. But tryng to meditate and relax doesn't cut it when it's brain injury or an illess like PTSD.

My best to you,

Allan

My doc added Seroquel to my regiment yesterday. He told me to only take it when my rage is just about to go out of control, then to take one. If I don't have the rage problem, I don't have to take them. I'm not sure what to think. Though if I start to feel I'm going over the edge I will take one. He said it will immediately take the edge off.

I was kind of relieved when he told me this would keep me from going over the edge. Pacing for hours seething with rage, is very hard on me and my blood pressure. It can be the smallest thing that sets me off. I want to be clear I'm not talking about anger, I'm talking about rage. I hope I don't have any problems with it. Wish me luck.

Tbird,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the dosage that you were placed on.

Bergie

• Founder

50 mg and I think it says take 1/2 they are coming in the mail but I haven't got them yet.

Tbird,

If you don't mind me asking, what is the dosage that you were placed on.

Bergie

• Founder

They prescribed the Serequel for anger management. For sleep I take 7.5mg remeron and if not asleep in an hour I take 1mg xanax and 1 10mg Ambien. The remeron usually does the trick most nights, but if it doesn't I have my back up and that will work, if that doesn't work well then I'm counting flowers on the wall, that don't be bother me at all :)