VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Don't Know What To Do ?

Rate this question

tami

Question

Good morning and thank you! I am relatively new here and have been helped here before so I am looking for more advice! I am currently rated at 90% (60 meniere's, 30 each for MS, asthma, and migraine, 10 for numbness l foot 10 for right foot) gosh I look like a mess on paper!

I put in for an increase for the Meniere's and got the envelope yesterday which denied the increase. I don't have it in front of me, but it basically says it was denied because, even though I do get dizzy most every day, usually at night, that I didn't say that I had more "cerebellar gait", which I assumed was a given. (I know, I know)

Should I file an appeal and present more evidence, that yes, I do in fact lean, if not fall to one side when I get dizzy,or should I file a NOD?

or do I just leave it be

Thank you for your help,

Tami

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

File an appeal and ask for a FRO Hearing so that you can clear up any questions in person. If you can't do a hearing than file the appeal and ask for review and tell them where they have it wrong. If you can get a medical opinion that the Doc writes to the criteria that would be good also. Watch your deadlines for NOD.

I wouldn't leave it be if you feel you deserve a higher rating.

I have a similar gait claim going currently. I filed for a back condition secondary to my service connected knees and was first denied because of lack of evidence of an altered gait. So I filed a NOD but didn't get my information to them intime and so they denied me again. So then I filed an appeal. I have since gathered 4 IMOs stating my gait and knees are the cause of my back problems.

I would file a NOD and then go to your doctors and ask them to put it in writing about you gait and get them to write you up an IMO stating something about you having more "cerebellar gait".

Thanks for your replies...

I will probably go ahead and file an appeal.

Tami - what's your goal? Are you trying to get 100%?? Or TDIU?? Are you working, now?? Do your SC disabilities keep you from working?? Just trying to make sense of why you're asking for an increase. Thanks!

pr

I am looking for an increase because the dizziness and falling is a lot worse and with the MS on top of it, I don't know how much longer I can work outside the home. I don't want IU because I have to quit working all together.

Tami, do you know to get rated as 100% schedular, you will have to be rated around 230% and VA combines that to only 100%.

So does that mean if I am rated at 100% for one ailment, I would still be at 90%?