VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iu Supposedly Granted. How Long For Soc?

Rate this question

Sergeant G

Question

I had a DRO hearing on June 17, which was only six weeks after I filed my NOD. The DRO said that she was granting IU and that her decision would be submitted the following week. It's been 2 1/2 months and still no word. I received a copy of the hearing transcript on August 5 and it shows where the DRO stated that I meet the criteria for IU. There is no additional development required on my claim. The only outstanding issue is the effective date of the award, which, either way, I will receive a large retroactive payment (at least 20K). Does anyone know what is taking so long for the SOC? Should I be worried? I wouldn't be so frustrated had the DRO not heightened my expectations by telling me I should have a decision the week after the hearing. Thanks for the input!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I just called the 800 number and, once again, I am told that the DRO still is still reviewing the decision. I was also given the standard "appeals-are-processed-in-the-order-received" notice. I understand that it typically takes a long time to get a DRO hearing, but my hearing was three months ago. And, the DRO said she was awarding IU. Shouldn't decisions move along after the hearing phase--especially when the DRO knows what the decision is going to be? She wasn't very friendly when we met, and was disappointed that I wanted a formal hearing on record instead of an informal conference. (We disagreed about the effective date of the award.) Could she be sitting on the decision on purpose?

• HadIt.com Elder

You won't get an SOC until after the DRO issues her decision and then only if denied.

pr

I had a DRO hearing on June 17, which was only six weeks after I filed my NOD. The DRO said that she was granting IU and that her decision would be submitted the following week. It's been 2 1/2 months and still no word. I received a copy of the hearing transcript on August 5 and it shows where the DRO stated that I meet the criteria for IU. There is no additional development required on my claim. The only outstanding issue is the effective date of the award, which, either way, I will receive a large retroactive payment (at least 20K). Does anyone know what is taking so long for the SOC? Should I be worried? I wouldn't be so frustrated had the DRO not heightened my expectations by telling me I should have a decision the week after the hearing. Thanks for the input!

You won't get an SOC until after the DRO issues her decision and then only if denied.

pr

What does SOC mean ? I don't understand a lot of adbrevations that are posted on a lot of these threads. just wondering,,I'm not trying to be noisey.