VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Filed Imo With Vet Rep

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I just had an IMO by a psych who is themselves a former VA examiner filed with my vet rep. I also have additional documentation of a current disability. I already have an appeal pending of an NOD that was handed down in April for a C&P exam from February. Does this change the dynamics of the appeal process? Do I still have to wait out getting a hearing on the appeal or does the IMO change anything?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are probably going to have to wait regardless. You file your NOD. Then you have the right to a DRO or traditional appeal. Unless you ask for a Reconsideration this is how it goes.

Since you already have a NOD on file, VA will process it. I do not see a reason to file a request for reconsideration based on your new IMO. VA will take the easy way out and process the NOD and not a request for reconsideration. All you can do is wait. As posted this is just my humble opinion and I could be wrong

JMHO

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, once you file the NOD that starts the appeals process. They are supposed to send you a SOC. Then you choose the DRO process or traditional BVA process on your appeal. Berta said that one time the VA changed a rating based on what she sent them in her NOD, but I think that does not happen often. Berta probably scared them so bad they just wilted.

The DRO process is "supposed" to be faster but a lot of times they just do a quick rubber stamp denial. Make sure that VA has your new IMO before you choose the DRO election. You can send them another copy certified return receipt with the DRO election.

• HadIt.com Elder

The DRO process is "supposed" to be faster but a lot of times they just do a quick rubber stamp denial. Make sure that VA has your new IMO before you choose the DRO election. You can send them another copy certified return receipt with the DRO election.

what pete just said..................