VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scary Thought?

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

I have my Nehmer claim in for the IHD being added to the AO list. I was sitting here and going through some old decisions from the VA. I thought my last denial for heart disease was June of 05. I had a heart attack in Oct.05!

The denial was actually in Dec. 06 and my last C&P exam by the VA was September 30,2005 In less than 30 days after their exam I had a major heart attack!!

Now to all you vets out there please make sure you understand what and how your diseases can and do effect you!!

If I do not get granted by Nehmer I think a conversation with a lawyer is needed?

Right? Maybe even if I do?

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks Berta, I have the feeling that once all the dust settles after the initial claims going through we vets will be back to the same old stuff of trying to explain our point to a concrete wall.

What they VA will do is almost like in our state when they start a new scratcher lotto game there is always a top winner the first couple of weeks and then nothing because they have already hooked us in!

We all know that each and every one of our RO's work differently and yet are all supposed to follow the same rules. Remember there is always the poor vet or even a DIC spouse who will get awarded wrong and supposedly have to pay it back. If the VA makes a mistake with any of these new rules new trainees I feel they should be made to stand. I don't want to read of some RO awarding a nehmer of 50,000 and the recipient is required to repay it when they did nothing wrong.

Any now time is moving along and I am hoping that the question on the 23rd will be in line with what this means to thousands of vets and not how much it is going to cost!