VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Got a letter yesterday from the prosthetic department at the VAMC stating that they needed to do a evaluation to make a determination of entitlement and for me to call to make an appointment. I called and the lady told that I can come between 8 and 4, she said make sure that I wear my devices and to bring damaged clothing. Went there this morning told the lady name and last four, told her that I was there clothing allowance eval. She pulled it up on the computer, asked me if I was wearing my devices and I should her, then she said that's it, that's she needed. I asked her did she need to see my clothes she no, I just needed to see if you are still wearing your devices. They had my paperwork since May and now its September and they are just getting to put in the clothing allowance. At the time I was up there there other veterans waiting for the same thing.

It just never stops when it comes to them paying entitlements!

How old is your device? It may be past time to get another one. You can get a new one every 1 -3 years, depending on the device. Then again, its the VA.

How old is your device? It may be past time to get another one. You can get a new one every 1 -3 years, depending on the device. Then again, its the VA.

My hinged knee brace is 2 years and my rigid back brace is 3. I barely lifted my shirt and my pants covered my brace so she was only able to see the prints of my devices.

I have to get new knee braces every couple of months. If not they say I'm not using them and use that as a reason to deny me clothing allowance.

I have to get new knee braces every couple of months. If not they say I'm not using them and use that as a reason to deny me clothing allowance.

My Knee brace was custom for me and cost over 700 dollars