VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

JayBrown1

Question

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know next to nothing about this benefit except it is controlled by the hospital you go to for treatment. I gathered up all my paperwork on my own and sent it directly to this department by priority mail delivery confirmation. I learned long ago that the 1800 number is useless for anything as they know next to nothing so I use strictly the Va's Iris system for communication with them and it has added bonus of being in writing which can be either printed off of saved as a pdf copy for backing up proof I sent them a message or they responded.

I got a letter yesterday from the Prosthetics Department say my clothing allowance for 2010 was approve and I should receive payment in two to three weeks from date of letter(10/21/2010). Then it goes on to say Enclosed you will find an application for you to use to file your 2011 clothing allowance claim. This is the first time I have received a letter from Prosthetics in all these years I have been receiving clothing allowances.

Has anyone else gotten similar letter from Prosthetics?