VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tricare Supplemental Insurance

teejay53

Question

hi all;

i have been looking for an insurance to supplement my tricare standard. so far, i found out i am not eligible for moaa, usaa or mba.

does anyone have any other thoughts for a good supplemental insurance?

i like tricare prime, but the doctor i have been seeing for over 2 years is not on the primary care list and i do not wish to change to a doctor on the list. so i am going to wait before i change to tricare prime.

i found asi (issued by hartford insurance), but it is expensive and has a big deductible, so i am going to look a little longer.

thank you for your help.

have a great day.

teejay

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

hi all;

i found a supplemental insurance that i think will help with the costs from a medical bill after tricare standard pays it's portion (i believe 75% is paid by tricare standard) .

it is a supplement insurance offered by hartford. the link is below if you would like to visit.

http://www.asicorporation.com/tri_standard.html

i think i am going to get this, the deductible is $250 and the premiums are not that expensive for the coverage it provides after tricare pays.

hope this helps someone.

teejay

:smile:

• HadIt.com Elder

AMRA (American Military Retirees Association) offers a supplemental insurance that picks up all that Tricare/CHAMPVA does not pay. ALL.

It costs me around $20 a month (not bad when you have a diabetic as a dependent..........that Lizard-spit costs around $450 a month....................not to mention all the other stuff, like insulin pens, testing strips, etc., etc.).