VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Address.. 810 Or 811 Vermont Nw?

Rate this question

emptyshell

Question

Get This...I am sending info down to the BVA on my claim that is up before the attorneys there. I called the VA 1-800-827-1000 and they not only once..... but twice say mailing address is 811 Vermont Ave. NW .

Contradicts an address that I have in some paperwork from BVA that states address is 810 Vermont Ave. NW. I called down to BVA cause I just don't understand why the paperwork they sent me would have a different address and have some doubts about what that VA Helpline number gives ya.

They tell me that the VA 1 800 number is not giving out the right address. The BVA info line tells me to send my extra evidence to the 810 Vermont Ave. NW Washington DC 20420..and following that...to also include a state identification code. Mine is (0141 A4)

Now why am I getting two different addresses and has anyone that has mailed extra stuff down to BVA ever came across this issue? Which do you believe to be the right address.....I noticed while searching around on this site that the 811 Vermont Ave address is for getting old case research info. ANYONE???????

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

The 810 Vermont Ave. NW Washington, D.C. 20420 should be the correct address. I always send my information express mail or return signature. It cost a little more for the express mail but I get a printed copy of who signed for it or I get the green card back in the mail.

Hope the best

Edited by pacmanx1

• HadIt.com Elder

They've done this before.

For a while they were putting out the address was "I" street. They were also sending me the return address to the BVA was "EYE" street. This was before they moved to another location.

I think confusing veterans and having claims going past their evidence due date is another way to get claims off the books.

If your in doubt, send your evidence to both adresses. And as sugested, always send it returned reciept requested so someone has to sign for it. This way you know the date it was recieved.