VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Expect At Initial Va Physical Exam

Rate this topic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You know this exam should set the baseline for your treatment at the VA for the rest of your days. For instance, if they find your fasting glucose is 115 and next exam it is 120 they will begin to discuss being pre-diabetic with you. Same with your blood pressure since the VA is going to follow you for the rest of your life. They say boldly that they want to "own" your medical care. I say let them own it and pay for it and compensate you if possible. I had the AO exam about 10 years ago. My glucose was high. Eventually, I wised up and filed for DMII. Then there are secondary conditions that show up over time. The good thing is that all your records will be stored online and will be available to you ten years from now.

Went to my first VA Outpatient Center exam yesterday....No blood or pee tests, but vitals, EKG, met with PCP (given sinus med RX, which will be mailed to me) and was given a test to bring back with crap sample in two weeks....was referred to the Psychologist there; in fact, I had my first appointment with her today and she seems okay.... I have another appointment next week for blood work (have to fast), plus a visit with the Psychiatrict there next week, too. I told the PCP there about my tinnitus and hearing loss, and about AO exposure. They didn't make me appointments for a hearing test or the AO exam yesterday. When I was there today, I handed the receptionist the Form 10-5345a for In-Person Authentication (myhealthevet) but she had no idea what it was, or what to do with it...I checked that website when I got home, and it still shows that I have to be I-PA. Also, I mentioned the AO exam and hearing exam tests, and she barked that the doctor has to authorize it....and besides, they don't do that there....but in Chillicothe VAMC. They didn't ask me to sign any releases for private medical records, however, I requested same on my own, and have already received 2 of the 4 records from private physicians. I received a response email today from NPCS stating they are working on MPR request, and same should be done by early October....

I'm wondering if I should just call Chillicothe myself? Is "MPR" request meaning "military personnel records", no medical records? Everyone seems ok there (so far), except for one of the receptionists....